Need help with instaling OS.

wzevon

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
So I put together this system Using my hard drive from a different computer boot things up goes find I go to the BIOS to set up for a reformat and reinstall and i get this issue as an error Saying Please reboot and check system boot divice priority or insert media to boot device or something of that wording. The ribbons are good the CD rom is good. Anything else that could be messing up? Heres the stuff i got in the system if that helps. I don't have the hard drive listed because its a bit older.

ASUS M3A78 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition

Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V Power Supply

ASUS EN9500GT TOP/DI/512M GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Thermaltake V9 Black Edition ATX Computer Gaming Chassis with Dual Oversized 230mm Ultra-Silent Cooling Fans VJ400G1N2Z Mid Tower -

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Mode

Does the HD already have windows installed on it?
If it does, set the PC to boot off the OS disc and repair the current install.

If there isn't an OS on it already, you simply need to make the optical drive first in the boot order and restart.

If neither of these work, the disc or optical drive may be bad. You can try wiping off the disc and using duster to blow out the optical drive.