Question Need help with install Arctic 34 esports duo

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
So my CPU cooler came the other day so I figured I would install it this evening. I am having an issue with it.

Everything was going well. But the little plastic backplate thing that comes with it won't fit on my motherboard. It won't sit flush and the little peg parts that the screws go into won't all fit in the holes on my motherboard.

You can see the little plastic backplate here in this article.

I believe it's supposed to sit flush and all the little pegs are supposed to go into the holes on the motherboard.

Motherboard is an Asus H170 pro gaming. The socket is an 1151. It should fit but it doesn't.

I hope someone can help. I guess I will try and contact Arctic as well.

So I bought and tried to install the Arctic 34 Esports Duo. My problem is that the little plastic backplate that came with it doesn't fit right. It's a socket 1151. It should fit but it doesn't. My motherboard is an Asus H170 Pro Gaming.

So I was thinking would it be possible to just buy another backplate? Like from another company?

Does anyone make them? If so where could I get one?

I guess I could try Newegg.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I reviewed this cooler for Tom's Hardware, I liked it quite a lot.

Assuming you are trying to use the correct backplate (the square Intel one), it doesn't align at all? This seems really odd since this is standard socket cooler spacing for all of the 115x lineup.

Can you post a photo of how much it is 'off'?

Is there any issue with the backplate being somewhat bent or warped?

Are there any protrusions on the back of the motherboard that are not allowing the backplate to sit correctly?

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
I reviewed this cooler for Tom's Hardware, I liked it quite a lot.

Assuming you are trying to use the correct backplate (the square Intel one), it doesn't align at all? This seems really odd since this is standard socket cooler spacing for all of the 115x lineup.

Can you post a photo of how much it is 'off'?

Is there any issue with the backplate being somewhat bent or warped?

Are there any protrusions on the back of the motherboard that are not allowing the backplate to sit correctly?
I will get my camera out and take some pics if I can.

The backplate is a very tiny bit off when I sit on the table.

Yeah it's the square plastic bracket just like the one in the article I posted. The ones for intel CPU's.

I have to wait for my camera to charge. My phone doesn't work well with my back PC.

So I managed to get my phone to work with my old backup PC.

These are the pics I took.

eHzOZGb.jpg

H74P3Vd.jpg

g5KdGD4.jpg

X39mrTJ.jpg

Last edited:

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
It's funny cause one of the reasons why I bought this cooler was because the install was simple.

So far for me it's been a huge head ache.

Should it be difficult to get that little plastic backplate to go on?

Last edited: