Need help with internet choices

volco77

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
I have limited choices of internet in the area I've moved to and need help. One of my choices is a local company that uses towers and they told me the highest download speed I would get would be 7mbps and I think the uploads was like 2-3mbps. This comes with unlimited data at $75 a month. This is very slow compared to what I was getting so I was thinking about getting the Verizon "Mifi" device which uses 4g LTE (not a problem in my area). That being said I play video games frequently, watch Netflix, Amazon Firestick, and use my PC for work. Verizon slows down to a 3G connection after 10gb. The only option to boost that is to buy multiple "Mifi devices in which I could get 20gb or 30gb of LTE. Should I go with the internet with the 7mbps download/2-3mbps upload or get the "Mifi" device? I'm not sure and any advice is appreciated thank you!

Solution
Go with what you need. I.e., gaming needs speed.

The real problem is the fine print in your service contract.....

But at least you will have the better end of it all until you hit the limit or there is some problem.

(Will concede to being somewhat cynical about such things.)

Ralston18

Titan
Go with what you need. I.e., gaming needs speed.

The real problem is the fine print in your service contract.....

But at least you will have the better end of it all until you hit the limit or there is some problem.

(Will concede to being somewhat cynical about such things.)

Solution