Question Need help with laptop Wi-Fi wireless card

May 24, 2023
hello everyone im having a lot of problem's with my gaming laptops Wi-Fi wireless card it keeps dropping when im playing online games or streaming on twitch my brothers ps5 has no problem's with the internet just my laptop i want to buy a new wireless card for this laptop the Wi-Fi card is MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 ( Thanks ) P.S we have virgin media highest broadband speed so its not the internet

Brand‎ASUS
Product Dimensions‎25.6 x 35.89 x 2.44 cm; 2.3 Kilograms
Batteries‎1 Lithium Ion batteries required. (included)
Item model number‎FA506IC-HN042W
Manufacturer‎ASUS
Series‎ASUS TUF 15
Colour‎Black
Form Factor‎Laptop
Standing screen display size‎15.6 Inches
Resolution‎1920x1080 Pixels
Processor Brand‎AMD
Processor Type‎Ryzen 5
Processor Speed‎3 GHz
Processor Count‎6
RAM Size‎8 GB
Memory Technology‎DDR4
Computer Memory Type‎DDR4 SDRAM
Maximum Memory Supported‎32 GB
Hard Drive Size‎512 GB
Hard Disk Description‎SSD
Graphics Coprocessor‎NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050
Graphics Chipset Brand‎NVIDIA
Graphics Card Description‎Dedicated
Graphics RAM Type‎GDDR6
Graphics Card Ram Size‎4 GB
Graphics Card Interface‎Integrated
Connectivity Type‎Wi-Fi
Wireless Type‎Bluetooth, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Number of USB 3.0 Ports‎4
Number of HDMI Ports‎1
Optical Drive Type‎CD
Operating System‎Windows 11
Are Batteries Included‎Yes
Lithium Battery Energy Content‎48 Watt Hours
Lithium Battery Packaging‎Batteries contained in equipment
Number Of Lithium Ion Cells‎3
Item Weight‎2.3 kg
Guaranteed software updates until‎unknown

It is mostly find a video that shows how to take the laptop apart.
Almost all newer laptop use m.2 slots but if it is older it might use a the half size pcie cards.

Although you could put a card with similar specs you will find that there is almost no price difference between older tech and the newest wifi6e. Even if you can't use wifi6e today the cards support all the older types of wifi.

Although there are now many competitors wifi cards based on intel ax210 are very popular. The exact brand does not matter too much since they use the same intel chip. Mostly the difference would be warranty support if there was a problem.

Good news is asus does not bios lock which cards you can use.

May 24, 2023
It is mostly find a video that shows how to take the laptop apart.
Almost all newer laptop use m.2 slots but if it is older it might use a the half size pcie cards.

Although you could put a card with similar specs you will find that there is almost no price difference between older tech and the newest wifi6e. Even if you can't use wifi6e today the cards support all the older types of wifi.

Although there are now many competitors wifi cards based on intel ax210 are very popular. The exact brand does not matter too much since they use the same intel chip. Mostly the difference would be warranty support if there was a problem.

Good news is asus does not bios lock which cards you can use.
this is the wifi card i want to buy but don't know if it will work with the laptop https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VF1GGBB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A16EN1CFIMYJ4Z&psc=1

My guess is it will work. Almost all new laptops use m.2 type e wifi. This card will fit in a or e slots.
I would see if you can find a video or photo of the laptop slot or card in your machine. There really are only 2 types of common cards and the other one is huge compared to these. If it looks similar it will likely work.

Note the antenna on these devices is a pain to connect if you have big fingers. You can feel it snap into place.

May 24, 2023
My guess is it will work. Almost all new laptops use m.2 type e wifi. This card will fit in a or e slots.
I would see if you can find a video or photo of the laptop slot or card in your machine. There really are only 2 types of common cards and the other one is huge compared to these. If it looks similar it will likely work.

Note the antenna on these devices is a pain to connect if you have big fingers. You can feel it snap into place.
ok thank you so much for the help