Question Need Help With LLC Settings in Asus X570 Bios...

DUAL33s

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
I recently upgraded my entire rig to a Ryzen 3700X and an Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard (among other things). So far I've been loving this new setup and I've been having a blast tweaking, overclocking and benching it. Up until today, I've been typically keeping my LLC set to 'Auto' in the bios, as this Auto setting has been very stable and has performed very well with my memory overclocks. But today, I decided I would mess around with the LLC settings a bit, pretty much just out of curiosity and to try to figure out what Asus's 'Auto' setting truly was (i.e. what LLC level was "Auto" actually set to).

So, I began manually changing the LLC levels in the bios, for both the CPU LLC and also the SOC LLC. But when I booted into Windows and began running stress tests and benchmarks, in order to record the voltage changes at each LLC 'level', I noticed that the CPU Core voltage and VCORE were not changing AT ALL from test to test. I manually tested each and every LLC level available in the Asus bios (from 1 to 5) and no matter what configuration I set, the voltages stayed exactly the same when the system was under load. Even the SOC voltage will not budge from 1.087v (1.1v set in the bios) no matter if the system is idle or if it is under full load.

So WTF is going on here...?

Things I've tried:

1) I've tried changing the Asus 'Performance Enhancer' from 'Auto' to 'Default'...no change in Vdroop. Then I tried changing it to 'Level 1', 'Level 2' etc. Nothing. No matter how I set the 'Performance Enhancer' mode, it appears to change nothing except for how long the CPU holds higher clocks (which is what it is intended to do).

2) I've tried setting only the CPU LLC manually while leaving the SOC set to 'Auto'... No change in idle voltage or Vdroop under full load.

3) Tried only setting the SOC LLC manually (with CPU set to 'Auto')....Nadda.

4) Tried PBO Auto vs PBO Disabled... Nope.

5) Also tried manually changing ALL the settings in the Digi+ VRM section of the bios, instead of leaving some of them set to 'Auto'...Nothing changed.

I'm running out of ideas and I'm actually becoming a bit concerned that this feature seems to not be working as intended. Without working LLC, I will not be able to do certain things, like properly overclock my CPU for instance. Has anyone else had any trouble with this particular motherboard (Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming) or any other Asus X570 boards? If so, were you able to fix it?

I would appreciate any tips or recommendations you all might have for me.

Thank you in advance.

-DUAL33s