Question Need help with low fps on new pc

kids_

Prominent
Dec 18, 2021
I recently built my first pc (Ryzen 5 7600x, RX 6700XT and 5200mhz ddr5 ram), and I have been noticing that my fps is lower than what I see in benchmarks with the same similar specs. I am getting around 300 fps average in Valorant whilst in other benchmarks I see people getting around 600 fps. Any help with troubleshooting would be appreciated.

I recently built my first pc (Ryzen 5 7600x, RX 6700XT and 5200mhz ddr5 ram), and I have been noticing that my fps is lower than what I see in benchmarks with the same similar specs. I am getting around 300 fps average in Valorant whilst in other benchmarks I see people getting around 600 fps. Any help with troubleshooting would be appreciated.
Did you do any optimizations in BIOS, XMP,,boost and power settings ?
Can't expect to have best performance after throwing parts in and on factory defaults.
Windows newly installed with all new drivers?

kids_

Prominent
Dec 18, 2021
Did you do any optimizations in BIOS, XMP,,boost and power settings ?
Can't expect to have best performance after throwing parts in and on factory defaults.
Windows newly installed with all new drivers?
Problem is that my friend who has basically the same specs as me (Ryzen 5 5600x, 3070) is getting 100 more fps than me with NO optimizations whilst I have done optimizations such as power plan, XMP, and I am pretty sure newest drivers (downloaded GPU drivers from AMD official website).