[SOLVED] need help with lowering my cpu temperature

Jun 14, 2020
my pc runs games at 10 fps and 96 degree Celsius on games i should run easily (i have proof of both 10 fps and 96 degrees CELSIUS) i dont know anything about computers and my dad told me to just google it (????). if you need more specifics i have them, thanks!

Solution
Your laptop is likely throttling due to overheating.
Laptop coolers are small, light, and not very effective.

First, check that your cooling pathways are clear and free of dust.

Can you hear the cooling fan running?
If not, there is your problem.
HWinfo is a good app to monitor your temperature and it will tell you if your fans are running.

You might run better if you do not run at 100%.
Go to windows power options and change advanced power options.
When running plugged in, you will default to run at 100% cpu. Try lowering that to 90% and see how you do.
Jun 14, 2020
If you're overclocking, go back to stock speed and don't over-volt your components. Go with a Noctua CPU Cooler. Make sure there is enough ventilation in and around the case; make sure you have intake and exhaust fans.

Jun 14, 2020
If you're overclocking, go back to stock speed and don't over-volt your components. Go with a Noctua CPU Cooler. Make sure there is enough ventilation in and around the case; make sure you have intake and exhaust fans.
well about that, i dont have a case i use a laptop also im not overclocking

Jun 14, 2020
Post your laptop's specs. If you don't know them, then here's an easy way:
Download and run hwinfo: https://www.hwinfo.com/
Click on 'Save Report' in the largest window, click on 'Copy to clipboard', and then Next. A new window should appear.
Highlight everything in that window and copy-paste it here.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/587468321583136789/721916958228086854/unknown.png

i couldnt post the picture so i just posted it somewhere and copied the link

Jun 14, 2020
You clicked the wrong thing to try to d/l. That main link also includes LanSweeper, which DOES want an email.

Click the green button at top right.
Then, hover over the green button. It will drive down and give you a couple of choices to d/l.
what is d/l? when i hover over any of the green buttons with drop down menus, d/l doesnt pop up, nor does anything close to that.

USAFRet

Titan
what is d/l? when i hover over any of the green buttons with drop down menus, d/l doesnt pop up, nor does anything close to that.
cWv2WDl.png

Jun 14, 2020
What kind of games are you trying to play? Can you give us specific names please?
League of Legends, Rainbow Six Siege, Middle Earth Shadow of War, Minecraft
I can play minecraft and league of legends but with low average FPS and often times it lowers to 30 if anything too huge happens, i play every game on the lowest graphics

HWinfo is a good app to monitor your temperature and it will tell you if your fans are running.

When running plugged in, you will default to run at 100% cpu. Try lowering that to 90% and see how you do.

Solution
Jun 14, 2020

okay, thanks! i'll let you know if it gets fixed