Need help; with macros SOLVED

fliphusker

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I have a Razor Naga 2012, and it is completely and utterly awesome!!! I have made macros for world of tanks, but now I want to make macros for Firefox to make browsing actually easier. What I would like to do is set up my 1-12 buttons for different websites. so I hit button 10 and it opens www.cnn.com in my firefox browser. Is this possible? Is it possible to set it so it would open in a new tab? if this can be done, please walk me through both steps.

Thanks for your time in advance.
PS, For any gamer, I would strongly recommend shelling out the cash for one of these. Its phenomenal.

I don't have a Razer product, so I don't know how their macro system works, but you'll either have to make this your default profile or one that can be activated with Firefox is open. Now to the macro, you'll have to have Firefox open, then have the macro press ctrl-T to open a tab, which automatically places you at the address bar, which the macro can then type out the address you want.

However, if you go into the FireFox options and on the General tab, you can set up Firefox to save your tabs the next time you open up Firefox, so there is no need to have such macros. Just open up the tabs you want, and leave them open. If you close down your browser, they open up the next time you open FireFox.

fliphusker

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Appreciate the help. I was over thinking this issue. With the Razor you set it up to be linked with programs while they are the ones running in the foreground. This means you never have to switch profiles, as its done automatically.
I set up my macros like this, cntrl+t+0.0250 time delay www.cnn.com ENTER. It is vital you put in the time delay, or it will not work.
I set up all 12 keys on the side of my mouse to either do FF functions, or open up websites via one simple thumb click.

That is the same as Logitech, but you still have to set the profile to be linked to a program initially.