[SOLVED] Need help with making sure I pick the right motherboard

Asdbalint0944

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Hey everyone, I need some help.

I'm changing my old motherboard out completely and looked at my options for a new one. I wanted a ryzen processor and decided to go with the ryzen 5 2600. And of course for that I'll need a new motherboard which is AM4. I picked out the Gigabyte B450 DS3H. I also picked a 2x8 kit of 3200 Mhz Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram. Now, is this good? And will the mobo work with the 2600 out of the box? I'm really not good with doing anything in the BIOS and thats why I'm wondering if it would work without any updates and all that. I'm fine with changing some settings, but that's basically all I know. My GPU is a 1050 Ti, but I am going to be upgrading it to a 1070 soon. My power supply is an FSP Hyper K 600W. And I know that the 1050 Ti is not enough for the 2600 and will cause a bottleneck, but my current processor is on 100% usage when gaming, while my graphics card is barely on 20% and that's why I want to upgrade. So the question is, am I stupid? Or are these parts good? And if they aren't, what should I get instead?

Thanks a ton!

Solution
Parts are fine.

Assuming you're budget limited going with the 2600 rather than the newer 3600 and a fairly budget motherboard?

But yes, cpu, ram and motherboard should be compatible out of the box.

You have no issues in that respect
Parts are fine.

Assuming you're budget limited going with the 2600 rather than the newer 3600 and a fairly budget motherboard?

Solution

Asdbalint0944

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Parts are fine.

Hey, thank you for your answer, and yeah I'm on a budget, but the 2600 is still much better then the current CPU I have which is the i5 3570k.

i donrt have a set budget

i have a 1080 gtx i want to wait to buy a better gpu

actually i can choose another cooler

Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB

for instance?

or

Cooler Master ML120L V2 RGB

or

( i rather not use this because its very expensive.)
Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Kjøler
Hey, thank you for your answer, and yeah I'm on a budget, but the 2600 is still much better then the current CPU I have which is the i5 3570k.

Absolutely is head and shoulder above an old i5.

In that respect its still a great choice especially when the price is generally 30% lower than the 3600.

Im still rocking a gen 1 ryzen and have no plans to upgrade because at the end of the day it's more than adequate for 60htz gaming.