Need help with memory speed in my new Ryzen build

Calendyr

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014
Hey guys, I completed my new build this morning and I cannot get the ram to run anywhere near what it is rated at. Would love to get some tips on this because I am new to overclocking and nothing I do seems to help.

So my system is a Ryzen 1700 running on a MSI PC MATE (B350) and the ram is Corsair LPX Vengeance rated at 3200 MHz (CAS 16).

I have tried running it at 3200, 2966 and 2633 without succes. I managed to get it running at 2400 but have not done any stress test yet so I don't know how stable it is.

What I did to help the overclock is raise the voltage to 1.36V and raised the OC voltage to 1.1V

I have tried slowing down the timings from the rated CAS 16 to 18-20-20-20-38, did nothing on any of the higher frequency.

Right now it's running at 2400 MHz 17-17-17-17-37. Before I try anything else I would love so suggestions.

Thanks!

Solution

Thats a shame as the memory is xmp enabled for optimized timings etc .
It may get supported in a future bios but for now it seems you'll have to do it manually.

Calendyr

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014

This motherboard doesn't seems to support XMP profiles. I have searched for it, it was actually the first thing I did and could not find it. There is a thing called TEST IT that suggests memore speed and timings but otherwise I have to enter the values manually. There is a section that show me the info regarding the xmp profile of my ram modules but I cannot apply it or anything, it more like an information page.

Yamitime

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

Thats a shame as the memory is xmp enabled for optimized timings etc .
It may get supported in a future bios but for now it seems you'll have to do it manually.

Solution