need help with memtest and advice on figuring out which stick

cowboy5345

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
hey do these memtest errors warrant ram replacement? if so is there a better way to find out which stick is bad besides the process of elimination
rPNCTYZ

http://imgur.com/rPNCTYZ

Solution
If an error doesn't show up after one full pass, I usually move on to the next stick. I've never run memtest for more than 2 passes on a stick of RAM.
And it should only take 1/4 as long to run on 1 stick as it would take to run on all 4 sticks.

cowboy5345

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

alrighty uhhhh this is going to take forever thanks for the advice

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If an error doesn't show up after one full pass, I usually move on to the next stick. I've never run memtest for more than 2 passes on a stick of RAM.
And it should only take 1/4 as long to run on 1 stick as it would take to run on all 4 sticks.

Solution

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

Be aware, memtest also will show errors if your memory controller is having problems, and from your screen shot, you have a total of 12gb of ram, which means you've mixed ram, which sticks do you have and what capacity are they, is it a kit or not ?

as clutchc says, test 1 stick at a time, but dont be surprised if you get no errors for non of them individually, mixing ram types and sizes isnt recommended.