Question Need Help with Micro Stutters on High-End PC (RTX 4090, R9 7950X3D, 32GB RAM 6000MHz)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KombatKatana

Honorable
Jul 31, 2019
I understand your frustration.

Lets try something (it may seem odd, but there is a reason). Remove the GPU from the system, use the integrated video controller (7000-series GPUs have them). Using the AMD iGPU, does the behavior change?

Intent is to isolate the problem.
Hey, I'm having the exact same issue with my PC. Spec:
  • GPU: 7900xtx
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 7950X
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator 64GB DDR5 6000MHz
  • Storage: 2x 2TB 980 Pro NVMe SSDs
  • PSU: Corsair 1600W
  • Motherboard: ROG Crosshair Extreme X670E
Secondary Spec Info:
  • Running 1gb ethernet
  • Running Rode Caster Pro 2 (had a major beta update around 9/10) (possible cause?)
  • Running new Asus ROG Delta II Wireless Headset (Got on 9/5)

Just happened within the last few weeks, like maybe after I updated something. The stutters happen for video and audio, almost like I have high ping, but don't. People say I mover normally in game, but to me it feels like every other frame is missing and audio is scuffed. I also sounded and people sounded to me stuttered in discord. Some possible issues: i was using a 4 port usb extender which was causing my plugged in keyboard to wig out. Seemed like it was causing multiple keys to be pushed continuously that it basically crashed my pc. I removed it and the issue seem to resolve, but not sure if that had a lasting affect.

I have tried everything in this post besides removing the GPU and running off integrated graphics. Right now, my thoughts are this is some sort of driver/software issue, since all hardware appears normal under task manager performance graphs and CUPID HWMonitor. I'm going to remove my hard files and try a fresh windows 11 install, and reinstall all apps and drivers. If the issue persist, then I can only think that some piece of hardware has gone bad or its something to do with the recent Rode Caster 2 I plugged in.

Please let me know your thoughts and how to resolve this issue.