[SOLVED] Need help with monitor selection please

instawookie

Commendable
Jun 13, 2021
Hi all! I'm struggling to decide what monitor route to go with to run my pc and xbox series X with. I primarily do pc gaming but monitors seem wild with features and compatibility with different things now days so I'm really lost on what I need. I primarily game on the PC and build wise its a 10700k, 32 gigs of ddr4 3600 corsair memory, gigabyte 3090, z490 aorus master mb, and 970 evo pro m.2. Basically I'm wanted to do all my games in 4k but I want to make sure I'm utilizing all my toys to the fullest. So my questions are do I need Gsync with a 3090 or do I have enough machine to live without it? do I need hdmi 2.1 for the xbox series X? Size wise I'm looking for a 32" and possibly even a 43" ... My currently monitor is a Gigabyte G27QC which isn't bad but I desire a little more, also how would dual screening a 4k and the G27QC work? would I run into issues? Thanks in advance!

Solution
do I need Gsync with a 3090 or do I have enough machine to live without it?
do you"need" G-Sync? it's all a matter of opinion & preference.
do some research into the features that G-Sync, G-Sync Ultimate, & G-Sync Compatible offer
and see if that is something that appeals to you.
how would dual screening a 4k and the G27QC work?
just using them together as a regular extended display should work fine for regular browsing and other forms of desktop work.

gaming may be a different story.
having different refresh rates and different resolutions can lead to issues syncing up the displays properly while in game.

you can still use both and just disable one while gaming.
do I need Gsync with a 3090 or do I have enough machine to live without it?
do you"need" G-Sync? it's all a matter of opinion & preference.
do some research into the features that G-Sync, G-Sync Ultimate, & G-Sync Compatible offer
and see if that is something that appeals to you.
how would dual screening a 4k and the G27QC work?
just using them together as a regular extended display should work fine for regular browsing and other forms of desktop work.

gaming may be a different story.
having different refresh rates and different resolutions can lead to issues syncing up the displays properly while in game.

you can still use both and just disable one while gaming.

Solution