Need help with multi-monitor setup.

lukasik2000

Reputable
Aug 30, 2018
Hi, i had this problem for some time already and i decided i want to fix it already.

I have 3 monitor setup + television connected to PC, 2 cheap BenQ monitors, 1 gaming monitor and old Samsung TV.

Problem is pretty known as i learned, when playing a game in borderless/window and having any motion on other monitors it drops my gaming monitor to 60hz. This was supposed to be fixed in W10 Fall Creator's Update but it didn't for me. It's supposed to be some W10 v-sync from dwm.exe that is making your monitors refresh rate sync to the lowest one

Many people said it fixed it for them and they have a G-Sync monitor, so i bought ASUS ROG PG279Q and turned G-Sync on and G-Sync for windowed applications. It didn't work.

Then I've got idea that 2nd GPU for those 60hz monitors must fix it. I got a GTX 1050 for pretty cheap, connected those 2 BenQ monitors and the TV to it, just to find out it didn't help at all, still same problem.

Right now i have the ASUS monitor plugged in my GTX 1080, all other monitors to GTX 1050 and my question is. Is there some settings in Nvidia Control Panel or somewhere in bios which makes it working?

Only fix i found is having the game in fullscreen, which is bad for me as I have very little hand movement due to a disability and i need to be able to get to my On-screen keayboard for typing in chat etc.

PC SPECS :

GTX 1080 + GTX 1050

i7-6800K

16gb DDR4 RAM

750W PSU

MSI X99A Gaming 7 Motherboard

ROG PG279Q connected with DisplayPort to GTX 1080

SAMSUNG TV connected with HDMI to GTX 1050

BenQ GL2760 connected with DVI to GTX 1050

BenQ GW2255 connected with DVI to DisplayPort adapter to GTX 1050

Thank you for any help

There's really no reason to run the 1080 and 1050 together, I would remove the 1050 all together

In the nvidia control panel try and create a custom resolution/refresh rate for your gaming monitor and save that. Use the native resolution and refresh rate you want obivously.

I also found this on reddit, worth checking out

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/

lukasik2000

Reputable
Aug 30, 2018

Yea, i have seen that post before, it didn't help me so i tried to buy the cheap card as he said in the post which didn't help.
Thanks for trying to help tho.