Need help with my Asus Striker Extreme MB!!!!

komplexKaos

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
I just got done puting my comp together and went to install windows but when it starts up it just freezes and will not go into the bios. But Asus has an LCD Poster that displays the boot error messages and it says CPU INIT, what does that mean? I searched in the user guide and asus website but I counldn't find anything. Does anyone know what thats means? I bought everything brand new. I hope my CPU isn't bad here is a list of my stuff

Intel E6600
Asus Striker Extreme MB
WD AHFD
4GB of Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Stewartwi

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
I had a friend that had a similar problem turns out he had bent some of the pins on his processor during installation. Check the processor if your able and make sure nothing is out of whack.

MatterHorn

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Hi,

I've got similar problems as you. My newly build PC is freezing up (in the bios, in Windows) and when I hit the restart button the PC just sits there and does nothing (and I get CPU INIT on the LCD screen). I have to unplug it from the wall for a minute before it'll even boot again.

My config (all stock speeds and voltages atm):

- E6600
- 2GB Corsair PC6400 C4
- 2 x 8800GTXs
- Striker Extreme
- Areca 1220 Raid card

I suppose as it was suggested I'll check the CPU and make sure it's mounted properly, etc.

puki

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
I have just received a brand new system from CyberPower UK. I have the same problem - 'CPU INIT'. I got it to boot about 3 times - the rest of the time it does nothing just sits there saying 'CPU INIT'.

puki

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
I just Googled about a bit - found this:

cmjrdc: CPU INIT is what is always displayed on the LCD Poster when the system is powered on, it is saying it "Initialized" the CPU, in other words it recognizes it's installed. That's normal. Same thing with your issue, make sure the button next to the LCD Poster is up(LED"s on the board are off) or it won't POST or power on. Double check your connections, and all the little things, and make sure your CPU is seated correctly(gold arrow on the CPU matched to the arrow on the CPU socket)

puki

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
Having said that, I thought the whole point of the LCD poster was to tell you at what point there is a problem, so surely 'CPU INIT' is a problem with initilising the CPU as opposed to what they guy said?

puki

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
If anyone is still having a problem:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/CPU-INIT-Striker-Extreme-LCD-ftopict213274.html

Also look at
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20061214040418890&board_id=1&model=Striker+Extreme&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Basically, they contain the same information at the moment. However, people may respond to the threads in the future.

In a nutshell - you may need to check you have connected the 8 pin connector to the ATX12V, rather than the 4 pin. However, read the threads before jumping in. I have sent my PC back for refund prior to testing.

pederblomkvist

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
Hi

Problem solved

I hade problems with the computer after changing processor it stopping and I got the CPU init message, tried to clr cmos but it didn,t work. It turned out that on the strike extreme you have to move one jumper for the botten clr cmos to work and I had forgot that. After doing that everything is working perfecly.
I hope that this will help all others that have problems, although my came from not reading the manual and asuming I knew how everything was working.

Good Luck

mcnab2002

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Hi guys

After a few problematic issues with my Striker extreme i had to send it back to Asus via CCL Computers because of it not posting, the system had been running for about a year, and then about 8 weeks ago it just shut down and came up with a bios error message, if you turned it on all that would happen is the fans and lights would come on for a few seconds, then it would shut down again, the fault was the bios, but when i sent it back they noticed one of the CPU pins had been bent slightly, and refused to repair it, thus sending back to me.
I then, with alot of number trying got through to a guy from ASUS UK that was a great help, and now the board is on its way back, this time to be repaired, ignoring the bent pin(which has now been straightened) and replacing the BIOS chip.

I dont need any help on this issue, but i thought i would be a helpful chap and give you the ASUS contact details i have found to be a great help, as i know how much of a headache it can be trawling the intenet to try and find the contact details.

Charlie Payne
ASUS UK
Focus 31
West wing 1st fLOOR
Cleveland Road
Hemel Hempstaed
Hertfordshire
HP2 7BW

warranty@asustek.co.uk

Support Line number - 01442 202730
Tech Support - 01442 202716

You can also send your Motherboards back for RMA via a company that ASUS use, and will probable give you the details of:

Creative Computing
1429 - 1437 Pollokshaws Road
Shawlands
Glasgow
G41 3RQ

Switchboard - 0141 6497577

www.creativecomputing.net

you will have to go to the website to buy an RMA for £16.00 from their shop, if u go into shop, and look in the menu on the left you will see ASUS RMA, click on that and purchase the RMA, dont worry, ASUS dont as yet have the RMA facilities in the UK so are using this company for the time being.

DO BE WARNED...........make sure that there are no bent pins or signs of abuse, as ASUS will not even look at the Board if they see it....and they will....and they will return the board back to you with a lovely blown up picture of the bent pins/faults.

Hope this helps guys

Chris

gallywang

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
hi guys..

maybe u could help me out with this as u all seem to have similar problems i just transfered my system into a new case my pc was working fine before i swaped it over now it wont boot and i dont even get a message on my lcd poster its just blank.... iv checked all connections reset bios and im posotive there are no pins bent it was a straight swap over so any help would be much appreciated thanks guys :)

thelightkeeper

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009

maybe this help:
http://gaubeo.com/wordpress/2009/09/27/asus-striker-extreme-ii-cpu-init-error/

G

Hey! I had the same problem with my computer..(CPU INIT) I was trying to reset bios and changing cpu.. but nothing worked...

But when I tried to start the computer with 1 memory it worked.. so try all memorys.. one by one :)

gl