[SOLVED] Need help with my broken ssd

Apr 23, 2021
Hello everyone, my SDD is having a problem.
My ssd has 3 partitions and one of these partitions contains Windows 10 which has become RAW due to hardware damage.
I've changed to new ssd on my computer, but want to retrieve old files left on damaged ssd. After that I tried plugging in the damaged ssd, luckily the other 2 partitions could be opened and copied, while the raw ones were still raw. I also tried various ways to change the RAW partition to NTFS, but none of them worked. I also tried to recover data using various recovery software and there is a recovery software that can change the raw partition to ntfs. it was Disk Drill, when the disk drill started data recovery suddenly the raw partition became ntfs so I paused the progress and the partition could be accessed and could be copied but could not be written. This is great but the files I need most are in the "Users" folder and I don't have permission to access this folder. I tried to change the permissions through security properties but this disk is read only, so I tried to remove the read only with cmd diskpart. diskpart was successful, but the partition was changed to raw and can't be accessed again. any solutions?

Ralston18

Titan
Likely nothing can be done.

Reason:

"This is great but the files I need most are in the "Users" folder and I don't have permission to access this folder "

If there is indeed physical damage then those permissions may have been destroyed so even whoever is the "User" can no longer retrieve the files.

Who is the User who does (or did) have access to the files?

Apr 23, 2021
Likely nothing can be done.

Reason:

"This is great but the files I need most are in the "Users" folder and I don't have permission to access this folder "

If there is indeed physical damage then those permissions may have been destroyed so even whoever is the "User" can no longer retrieve the files.

Who is the User who does have access to the files?
I was the user, i changed my mobo,storage,processor,and ram and i think the ssd only give permission to the old pc. But the old pc is already gone

If the partition is "raw", it means that some part of the file system (metadata) is damaged. Windows then treats the partition as a pile of bits. If you can see the files in your data recovery tool, then the permissions shouldn't matter because Windows can't see the files.

Try a better, cheaper data recovery tool like DMDE (US$20). The free version can recover up to 4000 files from any one folder. RAISE is another good tool (US$25).