Question need help with my build please??

Mar 24, 2023
hi, i built a gaming pc a year ago with a basic rog strix b550 mobo. just the cpu was liquid cooled with an enermax aio 360mm. in the last 2 months i decided to upgrade to a full custom loop with EK everything. i also doubled the ram cap and added a sound card... after filling the loop, i am trying to get all the components to turn on (whole system boot); but i am not sure why it will not boot. granted the mobo is more sophisticated and i have added more to the system. my sound card will not power up. i can connect the cpu and the system starts; but when i plug the gpu (2xpin PCIE) in to the psu then the system will not boot. maybe i am over thinking it or is simple enough to not consider? wht am i forgetting about? and do i have enough power (1000w) to supply all components?

Build to date:
CPU:
amd ryzen 5950x OCd@4.4Ghz
Motherboard: asus rog crosshair 8 formula x570
Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4x16gb dimms) OCd 4400mhz
Storage: Mushkin Enhanced Helix-L M.2 2280 1TB
Video Card: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
Sound card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus SABRE32-class
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL Black ATX
Power Supply: CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM1000x CP-9020201-NA 1000 W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active Pfc power supply
Loop components: EKWB EK-Quantum Velocity CPU Water Block, EK-QUANTUM VECTOR N+ RX 6800XT/6900XT D-RGB water block and backplate, EKWB EK-RAM Monarch X4 Waterblock, Nickel (w/modules), EK quantum momentum VRM bridge, monoblock; EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plex; EK-Quantum Surface P420M; 10/16mm soft tubing; mystic fog premix.

any help would be appreciated 😊 thanks!

You should easily have enough power for that system. A 1000W PSU can run two R9 Furies in Crossfire without issue (I did it for years). It sounds like there's another problem with your PSU. I don't think that the liquid cooling has anything to do with it, that's just coincidental.

Mar 24, 2023
You should easily have enough power for that system. A 1000W PSU can run two R9 Furies in Crossfire without issue (I did it for years). It sounds like there's another problem with your PSU. I don't think that the liquid cooling has anything to do with it, that's just coincidental.

yesss i was referred to here by Colif, one of the moderator over on the pcgamer.com forums... im sure its a power issue with the psu. im just not sure where to take this question, or if its in the right thread?

Reactions: Avro Arrow
yesss i was referred to here by Colif, one of the moderator over on the pcgamer.com forums... im sure its a power issue with the psu. im just not sure where to take this question, or if its in the right thread?
It doesn't really matter which forum because video card and PSU problems often go hand-in-hand because one depends heavily o nthe other. Besides, it's the card that made you first notice and often PSUs are the reason that cards don't work.

You should send your PSU to Corsair for an RMA if it's having power delivery problems (that is, after all, it's primary purpose). Depending on how long you've had it, it might be under warranty. I bought my EVGA 1000 G2 Supernova because it's 80+Gold-Certified with a 10-year warranty (and EVGA's Customer Service has always been legendary).

As it turns out, the Corsair RMX 1000 also has a 10-year warranty. I'd be very surprised if your PSU is more than 10 years old so you might want to contact Corsair.

Last edited: