Question Need help with my first pc build

Sep 24, 2022
Hello guys,

Yesterday I build my first pc but I need a little help.
It has ryzen 9 5950x cpu and tuf gaming x570-pro (wifi) motherboard. I knew that bios update may need but now I am a little bit confused. The problem is that when I start the pc it takes me to the window "UEFI BIOS Utility - EZ Mode". There I can see that the system recognized my ssd, ram, cpu. I can also read there BIOS vers is 4005. However the boot light on the mb is on all the time. I tried to read about bios update and I end up on this page https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-C...aming/TUF-GAMING-X570-PRO-WI-FI/HelpDesk_CPU/ where I read validated since bios 0314. Assuming I compare the right thing does that mean that I don't need to update bios ? I have not installed windows yet. Could that be the reason of the boot light ?
I am really unsure how to proceed and why is that boot light on because I don't know if updating bios has anything to do with it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

KyaraM

Admirable
Iirc that light means that no boot device is detected, which makes sense without an OS. Try install the OS. If it's not working still, come back and we can try something else.

If it were the BIOS not detecting the SSD, you wouldn't have any display at all and the CPU light would glow instead.

Sep 24, 2022
Thanks Kyaram

I installed the windows and everything seems to be working. I think I dont even need to update the BIOS since my version is newer and I saw a stick on my mb box which say "Ready for Ryzen 5000" . I just wanted to be extra careful as it is my first time.