Question Need help with my first pc build

Jul 15, 2024
Hi, im trying yo build a new pc, this is my first time doing so and need help deciding what i need and why i should pick one component over others, my budget is around 1500, but if i can do it for less it would be perfect. it would mainly be used for gaming but i've always been curious about 3d modelling and animating, so might also count that for the future. My main games are destiny 2, cs2, cyberpunk and i want to play elden ring too. I want something that can last atleast 5/6+ years.
I'm from italy and i'd also need tips on where to buy from.

Do you anticipate building it and then staying with all of those parts for 3 or more years?

Or are you more likely to want to upgrade the CPU before that, using the same motherboard?

Do you need to include a monitor or Windows in that 1500 budget?

Do you have any particular preference for:

RGB lighting on any component?

Intel CPUs? AMD CPUs?

Full ATX motherboards?

Liquid cooling?

A single drive system rather than multiple drives?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi, im trying yo build a new pc, this is my first time doing so and need help deciding what i need and why i should pick one component over others, my budget is around 1500, but if i can do it for less it would be perfect. it would mainly be used for gaming but i've always been curious about 3d modelling and animating, so might also count that for the future. My main games are destiny 2, cs2, cyberpunk and i want to play elden ring too. I want something that can last atleast 5/6+ years.
I'm from italy and i'd also need tips on where to buy from.
Do you already have a monitor? (if so what model number or a link to it), speakers, mouse, and keyboard, windows key that will work, do you already have all of those?

EDIT 6 years on the video card is not really realistic the processor yes but most of the time you need a video card upgrade about in the middle of that.

If you already have all of that and the monitor is 1080p or 1440p then something like this. Smallish case.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5 GHz 8-Core Processor (€288.45 @ Amazon Italia)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler (€39.90 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard (€181.31 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (€138.24 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€119.00 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card (€508.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Montech AIR 100 ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case (€64.08 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€119.17 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €1459.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-07-16 00:27 CEST+0200

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2024
Do you anticipate building it and then staying with all of those parts for 3 or more years?

Or are you more likely to want to upgrade the CPU before that, using the same motherboard?

Do you need to include a monitor or Windows in that 1500 budget?

Do you have any particular preference for:

RGB lighting on any component?

Intel CPUs? AMD CPUs?

Full ATX motherboards?

Liquid cooling?

A single drive system rather than multiple drives?
Hi, I think it's more than likely that I won't upgrade it for the next 3+ years, I'd probably exclude the monitor from the initial budget, I'm not too much into RGB and flashy things, some minor lighting should be enough, no major preference on components but if possible I'd go for a Nvidia gpu, was hoping the budget Is enough to include a rtx 4070. Yes, full ATX. I don't know much about cooling, if I can get a liquid cooling system it would be cool and I would appreciate a quieter build but it's not a priority. Probably I'd use a smaller SSD for the OS and maybe my most played game and an HDD for everything else. Thank you for helping me, if you need any other information you're more than welcome to ask

Jul 15, 2024
Do you already have a monitor? (if so what model number or a link to it), speakers, mouse, and keyboard, windows key that will work, do you already have all of those?

EDIT 6 years on the video card is not really realistic the processor yes but most of the time you need a video card upgrade about in the middle of that.

If you already have all of that and the monitor is 1080p or 1440p then something like this. Smallish case.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5 GHz 8-Core Processor (€288.45 @ Amazon Italia)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler (€39.90 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard (€181.31 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (€138.24 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€119.00 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card (€508.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Montech AIR 100 ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case (€64.08 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€119.17 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €1459.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-07-16 00:27 CEST+0200
The only thing I'd need outside the pc itself is a monitor but I'd exclude it from the initial budget.
I don't have any major preference over components or form factor but I'd still feel going more towards Intel CPU/Nvidia gpu with a full ATX motherboard, about the gpu I was hoping it would be possible to include a rtx 4070, if you could show me a build like this it would be amazing. Thanks for you help, there are a lot of things I don't know about building a pc so feel free to ask anything else

Edit: minor typo lol