Need help with my GPU

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Unfortunately I have been having problems with my computer lately with dropping frames on my Twitch stream. Even if I lower setting/change servers/restart my modem and pc I still get severe frame drops and once it starts it will not stop. I have also had numerous tech friends try to help me solve this issue. We have eliminated isp, OS, I have clean installed Win 8.1 and since then upgraded to 10. I have eliminated ever other possibility except the tedious trial and error portion of replacing parts. Yesterday I installed a new PSU and once I was done with that my GPU took a massive dump, I though maybe I messed up some wiring but that was not the case. The day before yesterday I was able to stream about 2 hours without frame drop/loss on OBS, last night after installing the new PSU (Rosewill Lighting 1000w Gold) I tried to stream and my game which used to go up to about 1200 frames was peaking at 120 and OBS was dropping like crazy, my setting are 720p 60fps and it would freeze unless I clicked on it and was not even streaming at 60fps the range was 30-56. I have been streaming at the same settings for 2 years now and never experienced problems before. These problems have been persistent over the past 8 months, ever since my power went out multiple times during a storm, my first intuition was something got fried, but I kept using my pc thinking maybe it was a virus, OS, isp etc, which all possibilities have been eliminated. Next step is to replace my GPU, mobo, and CPU. These are the GPU's I was looking at, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NVODXR4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER and there are so many different 970 GTX that I'm not sure what to get so opinions are needed and greatly appreciated. My current build is AMD3+ and this is the mobo I will be getting http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008YDJHWM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER and this is the CPU I will be getting to replace my current AMD FX-8350 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GPJFEJC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My current build:
Mobo- Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
GPU- EVGA Nvidia 760GTX 4GB GDDR5
CPU- AMD FX-8350
RAM- 16GB RipJawz
3 Monitors
If you guys need more information on my rig please let me know.

Solution

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Are you sure your system is not doing the best it's capable of doing and your expectations are just too high? A FX8350 + GTX760 is just a midrange system right now. Please avoid the bad joke that is the FX9590 and really it would be foolish to get another new AM3+ motherboard at this point. You should probably make the jump to Intel. I like the EVGA 970s the best, but most people on here swear by the MSI Twin Frozer.

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
The 970 you picked is good at that price, there are some better ones that have better cooling and may be quieter but probably another $30-$50 or whatever. The only differences besides that is the factory overclock they set with each one but that can be changed with any of those cards so it doesn't matter as much. Everything else looks good, as far as the mobo and cpu...sabertooth is good mobo. The 9590 I assume you want because of streaming and $100 less than i7 4790K. It should all work fine together, especially at 720P.

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

When you look at the link I provided there are literally 8 different 970's lol The one I linked isn't the specific one I chose, I just don't know which one would be the best for what I do, that's why I needed to know of the 8 there which would you recommend?

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

If you noticed I said that I have been running the same setting for 2 years now with the same CPU and GPU and have never experienced a problem, I hate Intel, but it is something I can consider, I guess.

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

I actually am considering Intel at this point, although I have stood by AMD for 3 years now I might have to admit it is not the best.

Reaper_7799

Distinguished

Yeah, I know, what I'm trying to say is that the only main difference between all of those evga cards are basically the factory overclock they set up with the card. The fans on the acx are all the same and I'm 90% sure that the FTW is the only one with a different PCB custom board with different power phase delivery geared more for overclocking.

The others have the same reference board but maybe have dual bios and different clocks. But the clockspeed on any of those you can just change through afterburner so unless you get a bad silicon card, they should all be about the same in the end, except maybe the ftw.

MSI and Giga for example, all use custom pcb boards and have higher power phase delivery so it's kind of up to you if you want to overclock high, you want something besides evga or you want the classifieds or kingpin versions of evga but they are expensive.

If you don't mess with overclocking that much and are set on evga for the price, the FTW is the one to get and has the highest factory overclock at 1216Mhz base clock speed.

Solution

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

Thank you for all you're help, I will look into the gpu you suggested as well as possibly switching to an i7. <3