Need help with my HDD!!

itsjonz

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Hello people!

After reading couple of posts about "Moving a HDD from one computer to another" topic. I came up with a question in my mind that if i wanted to move my "old" HDD from a prebuilt pc to a new one, I would have to reinstall/factory reset the system (HDD) so the every file will be removed instead the OS will stay there. Or move the HDD to a new one, get on safe mode and reset it there? Does it matter if i do the factory reset before adding it into a new pc or after adding it into a new pc.

I would be more than happy if someone answered and helped me out with this :)

Solution
Hi, I would recommend transferring all of your important data from the HDD to an external drive then restart and have a bootable USB flash drive with Windows on it, then use the reformat options in the installer to wipe the HDD clean, then do a fresh install of Windows and transfer your old data back.

luketexas

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi, I would recommend transferring all of your important data from the HDD to an external drive then restart and have a bootable USB flash drive with Windows on it, then use the reformat options in the installer to wipe the HDD clean, then do a fresh install of Windows and transfer your old data back.

Solution

itsjonz

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
A noob question but, if i move some files to my USB flash drive and install windows 10 on it too, will there be any issues on installing the windows on a new machine?