Need help with my laptops gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2018
Hi I have a problem with my laptop where whenever I try to play a game when my laptop is plugged in I get unplayable fps (between 2-3 or 1-15) but if I unplug my charger the fps goes up to 40 50 60+ so then if I plug it back in the fps goes back down to being terrible but if I wait a bit before plugging it back in sometimes the fps gets better it seems to depend on the game so less taxing games just a few seconds is fine to get my fps back a little more taxing games maybe a minute or a half as you can imagine this is very annoying but the real problem I have is that when I try to play some games I unplug my charger and wait but because my battery is bad it runs out before the fps fixes so its kinda like a timer where some games take longer to get their fps. I have monitored it with msi afterburner and I have found that when the charger is plugged in my gpu is a 135mhz and if I unplug it bumps up to between 700 and 1000 and m fps is fine plug back in on a less taxing game gpu stays at a higher clock speed but it stays at a constant higher clock I don't know if that effects anything but its all that I observed so it will say that im running at 720mhz but that number won't change and ill have terrible fps then I unplug (this is for more taxing games) and the clock speed fluctuates between 700 and 1000mhz then my battery runs out before my laptop does whatever it does and manages to get a good constant fps. my laptop is a HP omen 15-5012tx with and i7-4710hz 16 gigs of ram and a 4gb gtx 860m any help would be greatly greatly appreciated as this problem is getting pretty insufferable. regards Levi

Status
Not open for further replies.