Need help with my monitor, half of the creen turned to a green tint.

William Tevis

Reputable
May 3, 2015
My Acer 21 inch PC monitor is messed up. 40% of the screens right side is a greenish tint and it looks terrible when it's over a black background, making it unusable for gaming. I unhooked all VGA and DVI cables from the back and powered it on, the green stuff is still there. So I know it's the monitor and not my PC. Please help!

HERE'S A PICTURE
http://imgur.com/tDhqLbb

Solution
Definitely a faulty monitor - I've seen same issue mentioned elsewhere concerning Acer monitors, even when not connected to anything except power outlet. The cause I do not know, but it's certainly an internal fault.

Unless it's covered by a repair warranty it's not going to be cost-effective to get it repaired unless it was an expensive high-end "pro" monitor that would cost £400 pounds or more to replace (that's even assuming you can find somewhere that fixes monitors other than the manufacturer).
Definitely a faulty monitor - I've seen same issue mentioned elsewhere concerning Acer monitors, even when not connected to anything except power outlet. The cause I do not know, but it's certainly an internal fault.

Unless it's covered by a repair warranty it's not going to be cost-effective to get it repaired unless it was an expensive high-end "pro" monitor that would cost £400 pounds or more to replace (that's even assuming you can find somewhere that fixes monitors other than the manufacturer).

Solution