[SOLVED] Need Help with my ram.

Oct 18, 2021
ive built pcs for awhile and never ran into this issue. i have a custom built pc with a i9-11900k and a rtx 3080 with corsair 64gb 3600mhz (4x16gb) kit on a z590 e gaming wifi motherboard. when i enable xmp my pc crashes and goes into a boot loop, my bios i believe is fully up to date and ive had xmp enabled with this ram on another pc. i just bought a maximus xiii hero and im wondering if switching motherboards will fix the issue? ive also tried manually overclocking the ram, and it still crashes. idk how else to make it work can someone please help me fix this beecause i hate runnin at 2133 for everything.

Solution
I'd start with seeing if the motherbds you've purchased are on Crucials supported list for whichever ram you bought. If you bought two 32GB kits then that's probably your issue. No one will guarantee they will run at the max spec rated for 2 sticks when you install 4. Its a higher load on the memory controller.

popatim

Titan
I'd start with seeing if the motherbds you've purchased are on Crucials supported list for whichever ram you bought. If you bought two 32GB kits then that's probably your issue. No one will guarantee they will run at the max spec rated for 2 sticks when you install 4. Its a higher load on the memory controller.

Solution