Question Need help with my Rx 5700xt

DS_773

Honorable
Aug 28, 2014
Bought an Msi Rx 5700xt Gaming X and it arrived yesterday. Its not overheating or anything but sits around 76°C when under full load which is around 9-10°C warmer than most reviews of the card show. Only problem is that it gets kinda "loud". Its still quieter than my old 1060. I get the feeling its because i only have 1 case fan that i use as a rear exhaust and no intake fans. Been thinking of putting in a few BeQuiet Silentwings 3 as they got decent static pressure and airflow and are as good as silent. Just wanted to know how much of a difference they would make to temps and in turn the noise from the gpu.

Edit: Case is a Corsair 275r TG

..Been thinking of putting in a few BeQuiet Silentwings 3...

If you don't have adequate case ventilation the GPU will be sucking in it's own hot exhaust air trying to keep cool. Yes, that will help a lot if it's the problem.

I've noted that most video card reviewers use open-air test benches which would take case airflow variables out of the review results. So they may report lower temps.

A simple enough test to see if better case ventilation will help is open your case up so it can get cool air easily and blow it's hot exhaust out and away from it's intake. 76 degrees isn't very hot if it's GPU 'hot-spot', or junction, temperature though.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran