[SOLVED] Need help with new 1050 ti GPU install... Unable to boot or access BIOS when reverting back to vga port on motherboard.

May 15, 2020
I just purchased a new gtx 1050 ti, and I'm attempting to install it, but when it's plugged in the computer makes a beeping noise. My PSU is 300w so should be able to easily cope.

I'm now trying to reverse the situation by removing the graphics card so I can look at driver installation before putting in the card. However, I think my PC has automatically changed the boot system to look for the new graphics card on HDMI output, so when I simply plug a vga cable into the motherboard to access the onboard graphics, I can't boot (or even access BIOS to try and make this the default option for booting) because it says no cable connected, what should I do?

Solution
I just purchased a new gtx 1050 ti, and I'm attempting to install it, but when it's plugged in the computer makes a beeping noise. My PSU is 300w so should be able to easily cope.

I'm now trying to reverse the situation by removing the graphics card so I can look at driver installation before putting in the card. However, I think my PC has automatically changed the boot system to look for the new graphics card on HDMI output, so when I simply plug a vga cable into the motherboard to access the onboard graphics, I can't boot (or even access BIOS to try and make this the default option for booting) because it says no cable connected, what should I do?
did you record the beeps down as thats a post code that will help you find the...
May 15, 2020
clear CMOS, try again?

Just tried this, didn't seem to work, maybe its not a BIOS problem in that case?
But was using the computer with the VGA plugged into the motherboard today, and problem has only come when trying to install the new GPU, think GPU problem will be solved if I can access BIOS and disable secure boot.

May 15, 2020

did you record the beeps down as thats a post code that will help you find the problem also if they is no gpu in the system the bios wouldnt try and display something through the gpu if its not installed

Solution
May 15, 2020
did you record the beeps down as thats a post code that will help you find the problem also if they is no gpu in the system the bios wouldnt try and display something through the gpu if its not installed

I think its a solution for a lot of people with a HP computer to go into the BIOS and change some setting, but I don't understand why I can't revert to my old computer now and just run the computer as it was previously without the graphics card installed - it no longer recognises I want to use the integrated graphics system

May 15, 2020
I think its a solution for a lot of people with a HP computer to go into the BIOS and change some setting, but I don't understand why I can't revert to my old computer now and just run the computer as it was previously without the graphics card installed - it no longer recognises I want to use the integrated graphics system
is they any other outputs on the motherboard?

May 15, 2020
also the recomended psu for the ti version is 400w the min is 300w so you could of damaged the psu while trying to run the card. if the fans spin up yet you get no display it could well be the psu. is it a hp system with a custom psu or atx?

May 15, 2020
also the recomended psu for the ti version is 400w the min is 300w so you could of damaged the psu while trying to run the card. if the fans spin up yet you get no display it could well be the psu. is it a hp system with a custom psu or atx?

After some research my problem is no longer related to the graphics card itself its about how to revert back to the BIOS settings that recognise the integrated graphics card. I've seen a few solutions online which all use the CMOS to reset the system back to understanding the built in card but since this didn't work for me I'm at a loss, could be the power supply is damaged but the computer seems to run fine on its own its just the communication with the monitor as a result of not recognising the original graphics system is the problem now, is there anything other than CMOS that I can do without having access to the screen?