Intel core 2 quad q8400
Intel dp45sg mobo
4 gb PNY ddr3 ram
Evga gtx 550 ti 2 gb
Some generic iso corp 300w psu
Cooler master hyper t2 cooler
Pny 120 gb ssd
500 gb hdd

I still have a lot to learn about computers. What I need to figure out is whats happening. My pc keeps restadting itself and won't put out a display, but to an old monitor that may not work well. I need to go get an hdmi to mini hdmi converter to use my graphics card wuth my good monitor. Id hook it up via the mobo but mine doesnt have a display port on it. So should I just get a decent power suplly and a converter to see wgat to happens? Im just confused tbh. Thank you fkr reading my wall of text

Solution
disconnect power cord from back of computer. disconnect all cables to drives. remove all ram except for 1 stick & reseat it. reseat the videocard. reseat both power connectors from psu to motherboard. reseat power connector to the videocard from the psu. clear the cmos(read motherboard manual on how to do that). reconnect power cable to back of computer & turn on the computer. post results.

GaiaWolf13

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
Alrighty so I got a Thermaltake 500w psu. Everything is powered and running but I dont have a display at all. I tried dvi and mini hdmi but neither output a signal to my monitor. I tried booting off both my ssd (empty) and my hdd, to no avail. I dont know what else to do right now

disconnect power cord from back of computer. disconnect all cables to drives. remove all ram except for 1 stick & reseat it. reseat the videocard. reseat both power connectors from psu to motherboard. reseat power connector to the videocard from the psu. clear the cmos(read motherboard manual on how to do that). reconnect power cable to back of computer & turn on the computer. post results.

Solution