Need Help with new CPU buy

Gerardw0207

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new CPU and motherboard for my pc. I'm more looking in the AMD range for a CPU. I've had a Intel Q6600 up till now and think its time to move on. I was hoping ye could guide me in the direction of what AMD CPU at the moment is the best on the market for gaming. I have a budget of 300 euro on this one.

Thanks in advance,
Ger.

mmccreesh1

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2012
From what I've heard, AMD is kinda weak in the gaming market for CPU's at the minute. Lots of games run better on Intel CPU's than AMD.

If you want AMD, maybe this: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-336-AM

Though this is the same price as a 2500K and just a bit cheaper than a 3570K which are amazing gaming CPU's.

I take it you just want to replace the motherboard and CPU, keep in mind that some other parts might not be compatible with a new mobo.

Gerardw0207

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Thanks for your reply man, Ye I understand that i have to change the memory and motherboard both of which im unsure of aswell but im starting with the cpu. I have a Nvidia GTX280 which I don't plan on scrapping just yet.

The intel cpu's are fine it just that I was more thinking of the am3 socket which means that when i upgrade next i will not have to buy a whole new mobo I guess.

mmccreesh1

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2012
The intel cpu's are fine it just that I was more thinking of the am3 socket which means that when i upgrade next i will not have to buy a whole new mobo I guess.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. What do you mean?

The GTX 280 is quite old now. I just ordered a HD 7850. They have superb performance will lots of room for serious overclocking (which I will definitely be doing). And at around £140, you can't go wrong.