[SOLVED] Need help with new GPU

Andr3y6

Commendable
Feb 23, 2020
Well I sold my old r9 290 and got some birthday money and decided to upgrade my GPU even though it couldn't be at worst timing, but right now I have 400e but I cant seem to find a good GPU, RTX 20xx, RTX 30xx and RX 5xxx, series are all out of stock right now, and if scalpers are reselling them for 1000e, checked some GTX 1080 and price is around 400E and I don't know if that's worth, GTX 1080 TIs are 650e+ witch is way out of my budget, GTX 1070 TIs are usually around 350e, so right now I m stuck I don't know what to do, should I get 1080, buy some lower end card and wait for restock or just wait for restock, need to keep in mind that my country is not in European Union so that's not helping and its not good to order them from EU because of the taxes. Talked to some people that are selling them from EU here and they say that they don't know when will GPU be restocked. Either way thanks in advanced guys.
Pc specs at the moment :
Ryzen 5 3600x
16 GB of ddr4 3200mhz
b450 motherboard
750w GW PSU
and right now I'm using my friends R7 260 GPU

Solution
Nobody knows when the GPU market will stabilize.
A 1080 would actually be a really good pick for 400e considering the gpu market, what model is it?
What are the prices of other 1080's in your country ( used market ofc) ?
What resolution are you gaming at?
What is the exact make/model od your powersupply?
A 1080 would actually be a really good pick for 400e considering the gpu market, what model is it?

Solution

Andr3y6

Commendable
Feb 23, 2020
Thanks for replying
Well I found few : Gigabyte Turbo OC for 400e, Palit SUPER Jetsteam for 430e, Asus Strix for 430e, Gigabyte Aorus for 450e, and zotac one for 450e.
Im playing at 1080p and I think I will stick with 1080p for now, I d like to play games like warzone on competitive setting on high fps
Its an older PSU from Cooler Master GX750 model https://www.coolermaster.com/us/en-us/catalog/legacy-products/power/gx-750/ its this one I recon

Andr3y6

Commendable
Feb 23, 2020
Vidim da si iz Srbije ne znam da li je dozvoljeno da se koristi neki drugi jezik osim Engleskog ali da nasao sam par njih na KP i ne znam sta trenutno da radim

Vidim da si iz Srbije ne znam da li je dozvoljeno da se koristi neki drugi jezik osim Engleskog ali da nasao sam par njih na KP i ne znam sta trenutno da radim
Koristi engleski, moderatori izbrisace ti odgovore. Ona gigabyte-ova nije losa, a i covek ima 40+ pozitivnih 0 negativnih.
Use english, moderators will delete your replies. The Gigabyte one isnt bad, and the seller has 40+ positives and 0 negatives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andr3y6
Probaj da popricas sa covekom da se nadjete i da uradi benchmark testove, da bi video da li karta ima neke probleme koji nisu vidljivi fizicki.
Try to talk to the seller about you meeting and benchmarking/ testing the card, that will let you know if the card has some internal problems, which are imposible to find when looking at the card.

Reactions: Andr3y6

Andr3y6

Commendable
Feb 23, 2020
Probaj da popricas sa covekom da se nadjete i da uradi benchmark testove, da bi video da li karta ima neke probleme koji nisu vidljivi fizicki.
Try to talk to the seller about you meeting and benchmarking/ testing the card, that will let you know if the card has some internal problems, which are imposible to find when looking at the card.
Okay man thanks for helping me really appreciate it <3

Reactions: Dj0gany