Question Need Help With New Memory Upgrade

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
I have a ROG pre-built system that came with two 16GB sticks of TEAMGROUP/Micron Tech memory, and I added two more 16GB of generic budget sticks (SK Hynix). I just upgraded to two 32GB sticks of Corsair memory and remove all the others (I'm maxed out now at 64GB total). These are the new sticks I purchased on Amazon, and their same page on Newegg.

The new sticks are faster (at 3600MHz), supports XMP 2.0 and are a better, more reliable brand (being Corsair). Everything booted up fine, but I'm not seeing any changes/upgrade in Windows 11 or in my bios. In fact, I'm seeing some reduction in certain areas.

For instance, my Windows managed page file size went down from the currently allocated size of 9216 to only 4086. And I expected the speed listed in the Task Manager > Performance > Memory screen to show a significant jump, but it didn't. In fact, it went down. It was at 2400 MT/s, but now it's only reading 2133 MT/s. I also checked to make sure these are in the right places, and CPU-Z shows them in slots 1/3 (the black slots on my motherboard, the gray slots are listed as 2/4 and are empty).

I'm assuming I simply haven't configured them correctly yet, so that is where I need help. Here are all the specs for my system and the ram sticks themselves (plus screenshots), if someone can advise. Thanks!

My system specs:
  • Processor - AMZ Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Vermeer 3.70GHz
  • Motherboard - ASUSTek G15DK 1.0 (latest 305 bios installed)
  • Chipset - AMD Ryzen SOC (listed as AMD® B550 Chipset on ROG's website)
New Corsair RAM specs:
  • Brand CORSAIR
  • Series Vengeance LPX
  • Model CMK64GX4M2D3600C18
  • Capacity 64GB (2 x 32GB)
  • Type 288-Pin PC RAM
  • Speed DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
  • CAS Latency 18
  • Timing 18-22-22-42
  • Voltage 1.35V
  • BIOS/Performance Profile Intel XMP 2.0
  • Color Black
  • Heat Spreader Anodized Aluminum
  • Features Designed for high-performance overclocking
  • Each VENGEANCE LPX module is built with a pure aluminum heatspreader for faster heat dissipation and cooler operation; and the custom performance PCB helps manage heat and provides superior overclocking headroom.
  • Each IC is individually screened for performance potential.
  • Designed for great looks
  • Available in multiple colors to match your motherboard, your components, or just your style.
  • Performance and Compatibility
  • VENGEANCE LPX is optimized and compatibility tested for the latest Intel DDR4 motherboards and offers higher frequencies, greater bandwidth, and lower power consumption.
  • Low-profile heatspreader design
  • The VENGEANCE LPX module height is carefully designed to fit smaller spaces.
  • Recommend Use AMD 400 Series / AMD X570 / Intel Z390
Screenshots:

98KccEb.png

skyRXAN.png
3axwKGZ.png

jyr1j1j.png

Jcl0kiL.jpeg

Lutfij

Titan
I also checked to make sure these are in the right places, and CPU-Z shows them in slots 1/3 (the black slots on my motherboard, the gray slots are listed as 2/4 and are empty).
You should have the rams in your grey slots, A2 and B2 if that's what's etched on the motherboard's PCB, they usually are the slots that need to be populated first.

Try and clear the CMOS. To do so;
Disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery from the board, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power then replace the battery after 30mins. See if that helps. Do you see any option for D.O.C.P in Ai Tweaker?

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
I also checked to make sure these are in the right places, and CPU-Z shows them in slots 1/3 (the black slots on my motherboard, the gray slots are listed as 2/4 and are empty).
You should have the rams in your grey slots, A2 and B2 if that's what's etched on the motherboard's PCB, they usually are the slots that need to be populated first.

Try and clear the CMOS. To do so;
Disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery from the board, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power then replace the battery after 30mins. See if that helps. Do you see any option for D.O.C.P in Ai Tweaker?

Thanks for the info. I found the manual for the board, and moved the two sticks to the proper gray slots. And tried your CMOS reset suggestions. Unfortunately, even after, I'm still getting all the same readings.

I did check the BIOS, and found a D.O.C.P setting under the AI Overclock Tuner setting (which is set to AUTO by default). And also something about setting the memory frequency (not sure if that's germane to this or not). Also AUTO by default.

Azqpc2Z.jpeg

GB5HTBZ.jpeg