Specs:
i5-8400 @ 2.8GHz
Arctic Freezer i32
Asrock Z370M Pro 4
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB DDR4-2666
EVGA 600W BQ 80+ Bronze
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Seagate 5TB HDD
(I'm gonna add in a GTX 1070 + SSD + More HDD's hence the overkill PSU)

When I boot in to Windows 10 from the Toshiba 1TB I get the error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. So I tried unplugging all the drives and booted to the Windows Media Creation Tool on a USB and got the same error. I also tried to get in to safe mode but couldn't boot into windows without the error and it wouldn't come up after it rebooted twice so couldn't get in to windows 10 safe mode / troubleshooting menu, it just went to the BIOS after restarting twice. So I got Windows 7 Pro on a USB from Rufus and tried to go in to safe mode with that but it only went to the install Windows screen (Language, input method, version) and froze. I even tried to boot Ubuntu from a USB from Rufus and that crashed after I clicked on try Ubuntu without install.

And since I can't boot in to windows I also cant get any logs.

I have also taken out and put the CPU back in with new thermal paste (Temps good and I haven't changed any overclock settings or BIOS settings other than boot order). And taken out and swapped RAM since its dual channel (only swapped A2 and B2 as that what the motherboard manual says to use for dual channel). And have checked every cable.

I have tried every different way to have drives plugged in, not plugged in, plugged in different SATA ports, USB drives in different USB ports. Always the same error so I most definitely think its to do with the hardware and not windows.

So if anyone has any idea which piece of hardware is to blame please leave a reply.

Thanks
-Dan

Solution
I followed a guide (Link: http://www.compuchenna.co.uk/whea_uncorrectable_error/ ) and I did all that I could do. Event I got round to disabling C-State in the Bios (The power saving settings for the CPU) and lo and behold it booted correctly.

theinevitable5

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015
I followed a guide (Link: http://www.compuchenna.co.uk/whea_uncorrectable_error/ ) and I did all that I could do. Event I got round to disabling C-State in the Bios (The power saving settings for the CPU) and lo and behold it booted correctly.

Solution