[SOLVED] need help with new pc

mavus

Commendable
Jul 15, 2019
not sure where to post this cause i dont know the problem with my new computer but this is whats happening ..
when i turn on my computer all the fans are running and it has the lights and all that. but the monitor says no signal and keyboard and mouse dont light up.
after i was just turning it off and on like 5 times in a row, it finally properly booted up and everything works fine, but once I turn it off again... it does the exact same thing and I have to turn it off and on another 5 times.
my specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2GHZ
ASRock B450M HDV R4 Motherboard
GTX 1050 TI
Thermal Take Smart RGB 500W
Samsung 860 QVO 2.5in SATA SSD 1TB
Team T-Force Dark 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB_ DDR4 Grey Black

Everything is completely new except for Graphics Card.

Solution
try a psu paper clip test once, google if not sure
I'd be wary of doing this, this doesn't really identify if the PSU is working properly, more that it can simply start up and maintain some power. I have many PSUs that pass the paperclip test but then fail in thorough testing.
yes system information
Your BIOS is up to date then.
Based on what you are describing however, I would initially be tempted to point this towards PSU, being as you can boot, but it seems to be an initial start up problem. And the Thermaltake smart series are generally poor quality PSUs.

I would potentially run memtest just to verify that RAM isn't causing an issue, but i would also be tempted to swap in another good quality PSU and see if the...

mavus

Commendable
Jul 15, 2019

mavus

Commendable
Jul 15, 2019
The guide is below, however you would need a previously compatible CPU installed or an AMD Boot Kit to update the BIOS.
if they are new parts, you can confirm with the reseller what BIOS it shipped with, as if it is an updated BIOS, then something else is the problem:

https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS10
unknown.png

Is this right? I've been in the BIOS and I tried clicking Instant Flash and it comes up with "No image file detected"

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
try a psu paper clip test once, google if not sure
I'd be wary of doing this, this doesn't really identify if the PSU is working properly, more that it can simply start up and maintain some power. I have many PSUs that pass the paperclip test but then fail in thorough testing.
yes system information
Your BIOS is up to date then.
Based on what you are describing however, I would initially be tempted to point this towards PSU, being as you can boot, but it seems to be an initial start up problem. And the Thermaltake smart series are generally poor quality PSUs.

I would potentially run memtest just to verify that RAM isn't causing an issue, but i would also be tempted to swap in another good quality PSU and see if the issue persists.

Solution