Need help with new pc's display ports/monitors display adapter

DhruvTheImpostrous

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
Hi,

I recently built my own pc (Thanks to the people here for helping me to choose the parts) however I came upon a problem I didn't really anticipate. Here: http://imgur.com/mEBO1Re,zk9HFMf#1 is the link to the pictures I will be talking about, because my laptop i'm using atm won't display the images in preview mode and I don't want to risk it. Anyways, my gpu is the GTX 970 from Gigabyte (G1 Gaming) and my monitor is a Samsung LED monitor (Bought it last year for a PC I ended up not making). So I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to make it work because I'm not very good at this field :p. If I have to buy anything please let it be $10>. Sorry if my question is "dumb" :p and Thanks.

Solution
You should just need a DVI to VGA adapter. Are you sure one didn't come in the box for your 970. You can order one from Newegg or Amazon for about $5 though it doesn't include shipping.

DhruvTheImpostrous

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014

I guess, sorry I said I'm not very good at this :/ I assume that would be the problem, but idk how to fix it.

DhruvTheImpostrous

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014

I don't think one came with my 970, I am looking through the box and I find nothing but some molex connectors left. Maybe I misplaced it but IDK, is there a specific one I should get? Looking at http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-DVI-Cable-Adapter-DVIVGAMF/dp/B000067SOH/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top but i'm not sure if it's the correct one.

The one you linked to should work just fine :) Just attach it to either of the two white DVI ports and thread it on good using the thumbscrews on the adapter to secure it to your 970. Afterward, do the same with attaching your blue VGA cable to the new adapter. Once done, you should be fine. I'm using a similar adapter fo one of my computers, though it was in the box for the videocard. I glanced at Newegg at your particular videocard. It shows the box contents for the item, and your right, it does only come with the molex connectors...not the adapter we need. Hope this helps.