Zanorin

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
My PSU had failed and I took an old one from different computer it is a Thermaltake TR2 RX 650W and I'm trying to use it in my computer. The only problem is that I have a GTX 980 that needs 2 6 pin PCIe connectors but I only have a 6+2 PCIe connector. My question is can I buy another 6+2 (or 6) PCIe male to male cord and plug it into the PCIe Controller port on the PSU or if there is another better solution. Please let me now if i can provide more information I just want to be able to use my computer with my graphics card again.

Solution
I have been looking for a cable for hours and I came across this. It would fit both my PSU and GPU but I am worried about the pinout, is there anyway to check?
The TR2 should have two (6+2) connectors. Adapters are a very bad idea. The TR2 is a very low quality model to begin with and not suitable for a GTX 980 although it will probably work.

EDIT: Did you lose one of the cables that came with the power supply?
I have been looking for a cable for hours and I came across this. It would fit both my PSU and GPU but I am worried about the pinout, is there anyway to check?
The TR2 should have two (6+2) connectors. Adapters are a very bad idea. The TR2 is a very low quality model to begin with and not suitable for a GTX 980 although it will probably work.

EDIT: Did you lose one of the cables that came with the power supply?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS