Question Need Help with "No Video Input"

May 22, 2019
Hi all,

I've searched all over google and checked out the sticky thread on troubleshooting for this particular "No Video Input" error but seem to have no solution to it.

This is my first time I'm assembling a PC on my own so I've double checked on all the newbie mistakes that were mentioned to make sure I wasn't making the same ones.

I really hope someone could help me with this.

My build:
ASUS Rog Strix B450 F-Gaming
Ryzen 5 2600X
MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X
Corsair Vengenace LPX 3200MHz 2x 8GB
Cooler Master MWE 550 80+ Gold

Things I've done:
  1. Reseated all components to ensure they are fitted properly. (Except CPU, not sure if I should move it with all that thermal paste on it)
  2. Ensured power cables are firmly connected to their respective slots.
  3. Tested monitor with old PC to ensure it's working.
  4. HDMI cable were tried on both motherboard and GPU input.
  5. Tried starting up with one RAM.
  6. There is colour coded Onboard LED on the motherboard which helps indicate if there are errors found in BOOT, VGA, DRAM or CPU. None of which remained lighted after PC was switched on.
It's getting pretty frustrating especially after trying for hours and still not being able to fix issue. I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Try and remove the CMOS battery from the board and replace it after 15 mins. You might want to have the entire system breadboarded while you try to see if the system is functional. Try and borrow a PSU from a friend that is of a more reliable build quality to rule out a faulty PSU on your end.

May 22, 2019
Try and remove the CMOS battery from the board and replace it after 15 mins. You might want to have the entire system breadboarded while you try to see if the system is functional. Try and borrow a PSU from a friend that is of a more reliable build quality to rule out a faulty PSU on your end.
Thank you for your quick reply!

I was about to do as you suggested when I tried booting the system up without connecting my SSD and HDD and apparently this solved the issue.

This however, leads to another problem. How can I reconnect the storage without encountering the same problem again?

May 22, 2019
Worked fine with only the SSD connected, didnt get a chance to try the HDD before windows installation kicked in automatically.

I'll give it another try after the setup is done.

I do appreciate the help given though! Thank you all :)