Need help with OEM windows 7

cram03

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Hello and good evening everyone. I purchased a dell xps 8300 last year as a temporary computer while I build/replace parts of the system. Now here's my situation: I replaced my motherboard, CPU, and GPU all at the same time 3 months ago and my windows 7 became non-genuine. I contacted Microsoft and was able to get my OEM windows 7 activated even though it was a new motherboard. Now, my problem would be that my windows 7 still recognize my MOBO as dell xps 8300 and not ASUS P8Z77-V LX which is fine because all my programs still work and no crashes at all. Overtime, I ended up replacing every single part of my PC including my PSU, RAM, HDD, and a new GPU. Everything worked fine until I replaced my Geforce 650ti with a Geforce gtx 760. I have constant BSOD when playing games and it really frustrates me. One of my friend who is an IT told me that a clean install of windows 7 might work and fix some of the crashes.

My question would be: if I do a clean install of windows 7, will it finally be able to recognize my motherboard as an asus or would I have to call microsoft again after the install because I am using another MOBO and that is not on their TOS. Another question would be is if it would be able to register/recognize my new hardwares and fix the crash?

My former build was:
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (OEM version)
Intel i-5 2600k @ 3.00ghz - 4 cores
Asus Gtx 650 ti
Dell xps 8300 motherboard
Generic RAM
Dell PSU - 500w
Generic 1tb hard drive

My new build is:
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (from OEM version)
Intel i-5 3750k @ 3.4ghz - 4 cores (gift from a friend)
Gigabyte GTX 760 GDDR5-2GB
ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Corsair Enthusiast Series 850-Watt 80 Plus Bronze
Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s

any thoughts? i'm currently on the process of burning the ISO of windows 7 to a dvd,

Solution
Microsoft has some time based formula. you can try doing over the internet activation and if it doesn't work u will have to call and explain. from my past experience they will let u activate if u end up calling