[SOLVED] Need help with overclocking Nvidia GT 520 with MSI Afterburner

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Hello,

I would like to overclock my Nvidia GT 520 with MSI Afterburner,and I need some help with the overclocking values.

BTW my GT 520 is a fanless model ,and I have added a 80 mm case cooling fan to it ; the max temp it reaches while gaming is around 50-52 degrees Celsius.

Please help me.

Solution
I personally wont overclock if its a fanless one, unless you gave a pretty good airflow to the heatsink, and for that card the power limit might be locked, so use nvidiainspector instead, you could start by OC ing the core by +10 and increase it by +5 or +10, then adjust the volt to the maximum (usually when it gets hotter the volt slider will increase) for stability. after you crash from the increase of core clock, try to reduce it and get the most stable preformance. that applies the same to the memory clock.
I personally wont overclock if its a fanless one, unless you gave a pretty good airflow to the heatsink, and for that card the power limit might be locked, so use nvidiainspector instead, you could start by OC ing the core by +10 and increase it by +5 or +10, then adjust the volt to the maximum (usually when it gets hotter the volt slider will increase) for stability. after you crash from the increase of core clock, try to reduce it and get the most stable preformance. that applies the same to the memory clock.

Solution

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015

Thank you for replying.

But could you tell me some starting overclocking values please?

Thank you for replying.

But could you tell me some starting overclocking values please?
Different gpu, different architectures, different clocking. I have a MSi GT 730 1GB GDDR5 right now and im oc ing at the value of +275 Core +375 Memory. But thats not the very stable one (since i play WWZ, GTAV, Watch Dogs) and could only play medium games (Pubg lite, l4d2, csgo,etc). On Graphics intensive games, i do reduce the clock to +175 Core +225 Mem, and it is the very stable OC for my gpu. Voltage slider always on max. you might want to replace the thermal paste with a good one such as Arctic MX4 or Noctua NT-H2, they perform very well on my gpu even overclocked, topped at 71deg Celsius at hot weather (It is currently hot in Indonesia and yes i use a standard office case, little airflow.)