need help with overclocking

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
hi,
I'm pretty new to overclocking thingy (as in never actually done it before), and I would like to know what do i need to do in order to overclock my gpu
do I just download the xtreme tuner application on galax website? and how much should i overclock it by in order to maintain the temperature of my system in the relatively safe range? I have 1070 galax exoc gpu and i7 6700 non k I have 3 fans in my case 2 intake and 1 out. Also running 3dmark stress test my gpu temp is around 77 C maxed and around 55 C for cpu.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
I'm glad you have decided to OC your GPU, it's fun... So the chip specs don't really matter for the gpu OC.... I would personally use MSI afterburner for the OC... I've found it works really well for GPU OCing...

Just bump up the speed, test, bump up the speed, test until fail... repeat, bump up the voltage until stable, then work the memory in the same way... It's really hard to fry a chip these days...

adamscurr

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2013
I'm glad you have decided to OC your GPU, it's fun... So the chip specs don't really matter for the gpu OC.... I would personally use MSI afterburner for the OC... I've found it works really well for GPU OCing...

Just bump up the speed, test, bump up the speed, test until fail... repeat, bump up the voltage until stable, then work the memory in the same way... It's really hard to fry a chip these days...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS