Need help with parts for gaming PC build

Fred Old

Reputable
Mar 4, 2017
Hello

I am currently working on a build for a gaming PC which you can see here: https://www.pccomponentes.com/configurador/115dF3899

I am not at all experienced with choosing the right parts, and have hat to do lots of research.

I would appreciate some guidance or any suggestions on anything, but especially the case, PSU and Liquid cooling. Basically, I've been having lots of trouble deciding the right case, so if anyone has any recommendations.

Also the PSU is RGB, but I think I'm going to have it face down because of how the case is built, so if someone can recommend a similar good quality PSU.

And finally, I'm worried about the liquid cooling (Enermax Liquimax 240 II), as I had never heard of this company and it seems much cheaper than the other 240 units.

Any recommendations on any of these items would be great, and maybe a general compatibility check. My max max budget is 1800 for everything.

Thank you for any information!

Solution
Upvoted vMax; Good calls, mate.

@ Fred Old: no problems with the build as it is, there is nothing that NEEDS to be changed.

A few observations and suggestions:

Intel builds are not very sensitive to memory speed, you could drop to DDR4 3000 or even 2666 to save some Euro without sacrificing much performance.

Consider a air cooler, those mentioned by vMax are good if a little bulky and do not have to potential issues of a liquid system.

Cases are always going to be a personal choice but the NZXT you have chosen is a good one-looks good. too :) -just be aware tempered glass has a few features to be aware of:
The glass panel will warm up over time.
Tempered glass is still glass, treat it with some care. Do NOT lay it on or against...
Hi, just had a look at your build and no real issues...The 8600K is a great gaming CPU and coupled to a 1070ti you are all set. The Enermax Liquimax is fairly well know and is a good make so not to worry. The power supply is an odd choice as you wont see the RGB at all in the case...

With regards to the cooler, these should also do a great job and dont forget a good Air Cooler like Noctua NH-D15 and the BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 will do a good job. Me personally, I like AIO's...

Corsair Hydro Series H115i PRO
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 280

And finally on Power Supplies you cannot go wrong with Seasonic Seasonic Focus Plus+ 750 Watt

Hope this helps..

Upvoted vMax; Good calls, mate.

@ Fred Old: no problems with the build as it is, there is nothing that NEEDS to be changed.

A few observations and suggestions:

Intel builds are not very sensitive to memory speed, you could drop to DDR4 3000 or even 2666 to save some Euro without sacrificing much performance.

Consider a air cooler, those mentioned by vMax are good if a little bulky and do not have to potential issues of a liquid system.

Cases are always going to be a personal choice but the NZXT you have chosen is a good one-looks good. too :) -just be aware tempered glass has a few features to be aware of:
The glass panel will warm up over time.
Tempered glass is still glass, treat it with some care. Do NOT lay it on or against bare stone or concrete and do not touch it with anything hard, even tapping it with a diamond will cause it to shatter into thousands of small particles.

This may help select another PSU: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ unless you plan on some very significant overclocking 650Watts from tier one or two will be more than enough for your build.

Finally, check graphics card prices, they are still recovering from the cryptocurrency mining craze and here in the UK there is a great deal of price overlap between the GTX1070Ti and faster GTX1080, so, with a little hunting you may be able to get the faster GTX1080 for the same, or less, than the price of a GTX1070Ti.

Solution

Fred Old

Reputable
Mar 4, 2017
@coozie7 @vMax Thank you som much for the answers! I'll look to see if I can find a similarly priced 1080. Do you know which of the companies has the best 1080 for gaming? Also thanks for the list of PSU, Are you absolutely sure a 650 will be sufficient? I just don't want to have to upgrade it down the line.

And will air cooler be good enough even if I, further down the line, decide to do some overclocking? Even if I don't, will it be fine for many hours continuous gaming?

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
750 Watts is for dual GPU Setup, 650 Watts is pointless. You will be absolutely fine with a good quality 550W PSU like the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W and you will have extra room for overclocking. No need to shell out extra cash. Go for the 650W version if you still dont feel safe. Everything else has been covered by the people above.

Also, companies for GPU don't matter. They are all the same. Some have slightly higher boost clocks, but you can always overclock to make up for that difference. Go for the cheapest one. Or go for the one that fits your aesthetic if you value aesthetics a good bit.