Jun 15, 2019
Today I purchased all the parts to upgrade my PC, everything is brand new save for the PSU which is only two years old. I put it all together and it turned on and ran like a dream when I initially checked to make sure I’d put everything together.

However when I hooked it up to my monitor to continue setting up on the software side, the PC would boot only to the MSI splash logo and remain there after asking what bit system I was running and “loading files”. It wouldn’t move past that regardless of how many times I reset or how many times I fiddled with the BIOS. I’ve scoured the web for hours on end searching for a solution and nothing has helped. I’m at my wits end and hopefully someone can help me out here before I take it to Geek squad to have them try and figure it out.

Specs:

RTX 2060
MSI z390 Gaming Plus MOBO
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)
i7-8700 CPU
Corsair CXM750 PSU
WD Blue 2TB HDD
Windows 10 if I ever get this stupid machine past the splash logo.

Solutions I’ve Tried:

Restarting PC (at least 20 times)
Fiddling with Boot Order so it’d boot the usb stick with Win 10 on it first
Making sure everything was seated properly and checked cables to ensure proper connection.
Trying to boot into safe mode (can’t even install windows)

I don’t know what is preventing this machine from booting and installing windows, there are no drivers on HDD, not even an OS. I’m not even sure it’s a software problem at this point.

Is the USB flash drive configured for UEFI or BIOS (Legacy)? Modern computers use UEFI by default.

Check the boot settings to see if legacy is enabled. Also see if there are additional settings for drive types to enable/disable legacy.

Preferably you'd configure the installer for UEFI. That way it will configure the HDD/SSD for UEFI booting (GPT instead of MBR). Follow the settings for UEFI only with RUFUS. Just use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO.

Jun 15, 2019
Is the USB flash drive configured for UEFI or BIOS (Legacy)? Modern computers use UEFI by default.

Check the boot settings to see if legacy is enabled. Also see if there are additional settings for drive types to enable/disable legacy.

Preferably you'd configure the installer for UEFI. That way it will configure the HDD/SSD for UEFI booting (GPT instead of MBR). Follow the settings for UEFI only with RUFUS. Just use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO.

I’ve done all this and got it ready, but when I plug my PC into the monitor, I get “no signal” from any cable I try. I took graphics card out and went straight from mobo, but still no signal.

I’ve done all this and got it ready, but when I plug my PC into the monitor, I get “no signal” from any cable I try. I took graphics card out and went straight from mobo, but still no signal.

As you were getting a BIOS splashscreen before. I would suspect something is not fully seating. RAM can be especially tricky. Reseat everything and make sure all power cables are connected.

Jun 15, 2019
As you were getting a BIOS splashscreen before. I would suspect something is not fully seating. RAM can be especially tricky. Reseat everything and make sure all power cables are connected.

I returned the mobo and got a new one. Everything works perfectly fine now.

Problem: DOA MOBO

Solution: Replace MOBO

Reactions: DMAN999

TRENDING THREADS