Need Help With PCIE Configuration! Elgato HD60 Pro wont boot with SLI.

Sep 28, 2018
Current Build:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K
GPU: x2 GeForce GTX 1080 SLI
MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F

Problem:
I’ve recently upgraded my build’s MOBO and CPU. Before I upgraded I was able to use my Graphics Cards in SLI, and my Elgato HD60 Pro without any issues using only 3 PCIE lanes. Now after the upgrade I’m not able to boot into windows when the Elgato HD60 Pro is connected to the MOBO along with the GPUs. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to configure some of the settings in the MOBO to get it to work, please I need help!

Old Parts:
MOBO: ASUS Z170-A
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K

What I’ve done so far:
1. Updated the BIOS latest version
2. Installed proper Elgato drivers
3. Reset BIOS settings to default
4. Reset CMOS

The thing that also worked for me every time when i used 2xR7 250's for mining.

Do the DDU, thing.
Then Install first GPU, install drivers for it, check if everything works, shutdown.
Remove 1st GPU, plug second in same slot, check if it nvidia recognized, if yes shutdown and plug second GPU into slot and connect SLI and thingy's.

If not , repeat the DDU and use the GPU that havent been recognized by nvidia, then do the step from "Then install first GPU".
If it fails again, I suggest you to do an Windows reset.

If it still doesnt work, give Nvidia an Nice ticket.
This is only what I could do with 2 GPU's.

You mentioned that you can't boot into windows when the elgato is connected-what happens exactly? Do you get stuck in BIOS or something else? Could you list the rest of your specs?
Also I may be overthinking it but I find it curious that your config (sli+elgato) worked previously-sli would take up all 16 pci-e lanes provided by your cpu leaving the capture card with nothing to run on. If the capture card was to be working then the 2nd gpu would be running at x4-that would theoretically stop sli from working wouldn't it?

Sep 28, 2018

When the Elgato is connected I'm unable to boot into windows, I instead get stuck on a black screen with the blinking cursor that can only be seen when I switch the display cable from the GPU to the one found on the MOBO. And yeah it worked perfectly fine before on my previous board and cpu. I'm not sure how this would happen since now I have a better GPU and CPU that would support more lanes.

Sep 28, 2018

I've done that already, but again the problem is that my PC won't run when the Elgato HD60 Pro is connetced along with my GPU's in SLI. My computer boots perfectly with no issues when my GPU's are connected and SLI is enabled.

TRENDING THREADS