Need Help with Phantom 410! First time builder.

bisnettda23

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Alright so I have a few questions. As a first time builder everything was going smoothly until I started playing with the cords. So there are a stock of cords that come with the 410. The USB 3.0 is self explanatory as there is only one place it can go. The 2.0 has my puzzled slightly. There are 3 slots however only one cord to hook up.. not sure what to think. My next problem is the rest of the cords. From my understanding it's for the fans, but aren't the stock fans already hooked up and ready to run. They don't fit ANYWHERE into the motherboard (The MSI z87-GD65). I'd hate to never keep moving on this build based off this!

You probably have the front panel I/O connectors, which correlate to the power and reset buttons, as well as HDD activity and power LED's.
It should be written on the connectors themselves what they do, and they all plug into a cluster of pins that should be down the bottom centre of the board of the board next to a "1394" (Firewire) connector.
There is a diagram down there showing which connectors go on which pins, as well as in your motherboard manual.

Also the Audio connector (There should be two, labeled HD Audio and AC'97) plug into the bottom left of the board to the cluster of pins labeled "JAUD1". Use the HD audio connector, AC'97 is an old standard and is only included to help backward compatibility with old motherboards.

bisnettda23

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Yep I got the I/O connectors as well as the HD audio since it didn't even have an AC'97. I have the usb 3.0. Now for the USB 2.0 I have one connector but 3 slots to put it in. Which slot do I choose or does it not matter? Also I have these random cords that don't fit anywhere on the motherboard. The only thing I can think of is if I were to add fans in the future they may go to those. I know the larger one goes into my psu but it's the few smaller ones that have me scratching my head.

Theres probably one you should use, but it probably will make no difference. Check the manual if it has any preference.

The Phantom 410 has an integrated fan controller, you plug your fans into those plugs and the Molex into power, and there is a slider on the front panel I/O that will allow to to speed up and slow down your fans.

bisnettda23

Honorable
May 6, 2013

I'll give it a go and let you know how it works!