[SOLVED] Need help with picking a prebuilt

pandarave

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Trying to find a prebuilt computer under $2000 USD to replace my current one that can play most games on a least high or ultra at 1080p.
So far, the few that I've looked at are:
  1. Streaming PC | NZXT
  2. Skytech Gaming Shiva Gaming PC GeForce RTX 3070 GPU AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU 16GB RAM 1TB SSD | GameStop (I have ~ $300 from trade in to pay towards it)
I'm open to any suggestions anyone can give! Thanks for your help in advanced.
Also I'm not sure if there's any difference for gaming between AMD or Intel for CPU but I prefer Nvidia for my GPU.

My previous build for reference : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wBDMYH

Solution
Awesome thanks for your help! I'll pick your answer when I get home! Also one last question would I be able to still getaway with using my current cpu and just upgrade the GPU? Or would it better to just get the new system at this point?
By your current cpu do you mean the i7-4790k. If so I would say upgrading your gpu would be useless as you would be limited by your cpu creating a cpu bottleneck.
Sep 7, 2021
Trying to find a prebuilt computer under $2000 USD to replace my current one that can play most games on a least high or ultra at 1080p.
So far, the few that I've looked at are:
  1. Streaming PC | NZXT
  2. Skytech Gaming Shiva Gaming PC GeForce RTX 3070 GPU AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU 16GB RAM 1TB SSD | GameStop (I have ~ $300 from trade in to pay towards it)
I'm open to any suggestions anyone can give! Thanks for your help in advanced.
Also I'm not sure if there's any difference for gaming between AMD or Intel for CPU but I prefer Nvidia for my GPU.

My previous build for reference : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wBDMYH
I would go for number 1 as #2 does not state the frequency of the ram or whether it runs in dual channel or not. #3 will have a clear cpu bottleneck in most games.

Reactions: pandarave
Sep 7, 2021
Would there be any significant difference between #1 and https://nzxt.com/product/streaming-plus-pc ? Since I'm okay with paying more for a system that'll last for several years.
in some scenarios the cpu in 2 will perform better, it depends what u play, for instance if u played fortnite bc it utilizes multiple cores 2 would be better but up 2 u. In terms of how long it will last there is no difference. If i was of any help pls like my response and lable it best response

pandarave

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
in some scenarios the cpu in 2 will perform better, it depends what u play, for instance if u played fortnite bc it utilizes multiple cores 2 would be better but up 2 u. In terms of how long it will last there is no difference. If i was of any help pls like my response and lable it best response
For games like GTA and battlefield would the extra cores be useful?

pandarave

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
For gta either will be fine with a minor gain in the cpu with more cores for battlefield especially battlefield 2042 more cores will be very helpful.
Awesome thanks for your help! I'll pick your answer when I get home! Also one last question would I be able to still getaway with using my current cpu and just upgrade the GPU? Or would it better to just get the new system at this point?

Sep 7, 2021
By your current cpu do you mean the i7-4790k. If so I would say upgrading your gpu would be useless as you would be limited by your cpu creating a cpu bottleneck.

Solution