Need help with picking a suitable case and cooling

Aug 15, 2018
I'm planning on building my first pc for gaming but I'm not sure what case would be suitable for my build. Right now these are the parts that I've picked:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bPmvdX

Don't pay attention to the price. Right now in my country these parts cost 735 euros combined and my budget is 800 euros so that leaves me around 60 euros for a case.

Right now, I'm considering the corsair carbide 100r silent edition(50 euros in my country) and adding one more 120mm front intake fan. However, I really have no idea if that will be sufficient for my build or if I'd be overdoing it.

Additionally, if anything else is wrong with my build please tell me. Thanks!

Solution
Frankly, I'd get it as it is and see how the temps and airflow work out. You can always add extra cooling later, and by then you'll have a better idea of case fan options based on your internal setup (e.g. use of drive bays, clearance to top fan mounts).

The build itself looks fine. One change I would consider is the PSU. Perhaps Bronze or Gold level, and consider a semi-modular or fully modular PSU. Reducing the wiring will help with airflow too.

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Build looks good! Cooling should be fine with 3x 120mm fans adequately setup with front intake and rear exhaust. Your GPU and CPU have their own coolers anyway and although better airflow in the case will definitely help, it not being very high isn't the end of the world. The GPU and CPU coolers will just need to run louder to keep it cooled. Hope this helps! :)

Frankly, I'd get it as it is and see how the temps and airflow work out. You can always add extra cooling later, and by then you'll have a better idea of case fan options based on your internal setup (e.g. use of drive bays, clearance to top fan mounts).

The build itself looks fine. One change I would consider is the PSU. Perhaps Bronze or Gold level, and consider a semi-modular or fully modular PSU. Reducing the wiring will help with airflow too.

Solution
Aug 15, 2018

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably follow your advice and just buy the case. In regards to the PSU, I read up a bit on what 80+ and modular or non-modular meant and your probably right. I think this PSU for 75 euros will be better.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Certified-Refurbished/Power-Supplies/RMx-Series%E2%84%A2-RM650x-%E2%80%94-650-Watt-80-PLUS%C2%AE-Gold-Certified-Fully-Modular-PSU-%28NA%29-%28Refurbished%29/p/CP-9020091-NA/RF