[SOLVED] Need help with possible upgrade spec info!

dallon12

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
I have a gaming PC I bought from IBUYPOWER last year. I was under the impression I would be getting well over 140hz (1080p) on Warzone, but rarely get above 100 in most areas, sometimes can get 110 (military area or in the hills). I have a NVIDIA RTX 2070, and am wondering if that needs upgraded to a better graphics card, or is something else causing it to bottleneck? Any upgrade info would be extremely helpful! I will put all Specs below:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor (6x 3.6GHx/32MB L3 Cache)
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 - 8GB GDDR6
MotherBoard: ASUS Prime B550-Plus - ARGB Header (1), Gb Lan, USB 3.2 (7 rear, 4 front)
Power Supply: 650 Watt High Power Standard 80 Plus Gold
Primary Hard Drive: 500 GB WD Blue SN550 M.2 PCle NVMe SSD - Read: 2400MB/s; Write: 1750MB/s
Windows 10

This may be way more, or less, than needed, so let me know if theres more info I can give. I am still fairly new to this gaming PC!

THANK YOU!!

Solution
you have a relatively mid-tier system that is getting what i would expect in a modern AAA game with decent settings in place @ 1080p.

one thing you can try is lowering all of the in-game settings as low as possible in 1080p and see how much your FPS improves.
if it increases drastically then getting a more powerful GPU will help.
if not, then you need a better processor.

keep in mind that getting a more powerful RTX or RX card may not be possible at MSRP or may take quite some time to find available.
and that you will need a power supply upgrade for most of the higher tiered models.
you have a relatively mid-tier system that is getting what i would expect in a modern AAA game with decent settings in place @ 1080p.

one thing you can try is lowering all of the in-game settings as low as possible in 1080p and see how much your FPS improves.

keep in mind that getting a more powerful RTX or RX card may not be possible at MSRP or may take quite some time to find available.
and that you will need a power supply upgrade for most of the higher tiered models.

Solution

dallon12

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021

Thank you! I appreciate the response. I do have all of my in game settings as low as possible, so it may be the processor that needs a look at with a potential upgrade. Do you have any recommendations for upgrades with my current setup? I am trying to get the most FPS while not breaking the bank..

Thank you again for the help!

dallon12

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
Thank you so much for the reply and assisting! I am not 100% sure what you mean by memory clock speed.. I am still really new to this and had it prebuilt. My purchase order specs shows:

Memory: Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory -16GB DDR4-3600 G. Skill Ripjaws V

Is this what you are referring to?

Again, thank you!

Reactions: Why_Me
Hey there,

Yeah, your CPU could be a bit stronger. You can try OC it and see if you get better results. Alternatively a 5600x will give your 2070 a new lease of life. One in which you can expect a good boost in FPS (not as much as with a new RTX GPU in place).

Agree, with @johnbonhams, make sure your DOCP memory profile is selected. This would be huge in terms of a performance jump over default 2133/2400mhz. You can check what speed your ram is running at in Windows, with CPU-z. Open the mem tab and post a screenshot of hit here. We can tell then.