Question Need help with Power supply issue

Apr 8, 2019
I have tried my best to diagnose the problem regarding my power supply(ENERMAX REVOLUTION 85+). I first noticed the problem returning from school. The pc was working the night before.
So I encounterd the problem when I tried to open my pc but the it wouldn't turn on, the psu LED was red. I switched the power supply off and back on it showed a orange led (this means the pc is in standby or in sleep mode) I tried the power button again but it instalty flicked to red again. I searched the Internet and I found the manual
https://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_6&lv0=1&lv1=54&no=5
to the power supply above on page 8 of the manual. It states it could be a short circuit protection activated to protect my psu. So I instinctively cleaned my power supply of dust, turned it upside down to see if anything was stuck in there. Nothing. So I hooked it to my pc and same problem occurred. I know its not my other components as I have tested in another WORKING PC and the same problem occurred orange to red led on psu instantly. If anyone had any idea to fix this please reply. Thank you very much for your time reading this all comments appreciated.

have you tried turning on the PSU alone using the paperclip method (or if it came with an actual tool)?
Tried a different outlet?

PSU problems are spooky, generally not a whole lot you can do if giving it a good clean didn't work. If you are under warranty still its probably worth looking into it...

Reactions: RoysterC
Apr 8, 2019
have you tried turning on the PSU alone using the paperclip method (or if it came with an actual tool)?
Tried a different outlet?

PSU problems are spooky, generally not a whole lot you can do if giving it a good clean didn't work. If you are under warranty still its probably worth looking into it...
I've tried the paper clip test, the result is the psu fan spins psu LED shows a red. So it does work but idk about internals usually if the fan spins the internals should work too.
I've tested psu in another pc and it showed some probelm

Apr 8, 2019
Looked online for a minute and saw that this PSU won some awards in 2009... how old is your model? Even if it was a high quality PSU when you bought it, I wouldn't be so confident in it now, the design is at least 10 years old, its time to buy a new PSU.
You think it has outlasted its days and retired into a ever faulty line of psu? Such a shame to say goodbye :/ I'm hella frugal but thank you my friend for giving me guidance :D