[SOLVED] Need help with PSU upgrade (PC not powering)

Oct 20, 2019
Hello friends, I've hit a wall trying to upgrade my PSU, I'd appreciate any help

For reference, here's my current working setup:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 3 LGA 1150 Z97 Gaming Audio and Networking ATX Motherboard
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5 GHz
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5
  • RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM
  • PSU: Seasonic M12II 620 BRONZE ; SS-620GM2 80Plus Power Supply

Recently, my PC would just reboot itself when doing heavy loading/graphics when gaming. I got tired of this and blamed it on my PSU, figured maybe it started malfunctioning. About a month ago I also recently upgraded my vid card from a 970 to this 1070, and got a new gaming monitor too, so I figured maybe the load was too much for my 5 year old PSU

I bought a new one, a Corsair RM 850x. TBH I didn't think this would cause issues. But after swapping everything, my PC will not turn on. No beeps, no LEDs, no noise, nothing. I've reconnected everything and made sure cables are good and tight. No dice

I'm now thinking there's maybe a compatibility issue I did not consider? It looks to me like it should work but, I'm a rookie at this. What do you guys think? What am I missing here?

Solution
Go through the basics.

Make sure the power switch on the PSU near the AC cord is in the on position.
Make sure the computer case switch is connected to the motherboard and the polarity is correct.
Make sure you are plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a power strip.
Go through the basics.

Make sure the power switch on the PSU near the AC cord is in the on position.
Make sure the computer case switch is connected to the motherboard and the polarity is correct.
Make sure you are plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a power strip.

Solution