Need help with purchase: Which of these 3 laptops are better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm209

Reputable
May 26, 2015
So I'm searching for a new laptop and my max price is $600. I absolutely despise Windows 8, so I'm looking for a good quality laptop with Windows 7.

It's going to be used for videos, music, internet, and pretty light gaming.

These are 3 laptops I've found the most interest in, I'm just having trouble picking the one that would perform best with the most reliable brand.

http://

Solution
The Asus will give you the best performance since it has a dual core Intel Core i5 CPU and it's integrated Intel HD 4400 graphics core is the best of the three laptops. The Intel HD 4400 is capable of playing games that are not very graphically intensive like DOTA2, LoL and CS:GO with decent enough performance considering it is integrated.

The Acer Aspire has a dual core Pentium B960 which is decent but it is the weak of the three in terms of CPU performance and integrated graphics.

The HP laptop has a quad core A8-6410 Beema series APU with the Radeon R5 (Beema) graphics core. The Beema series APU is budget oriented and not very powerful; almost as powerful as a Core i3 CPU. In term of CPU and GPU performance it is in the middle.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
The Asus with the i5 is probably the best performance wise, plus the Haswell architecture should mean better battery life. I wouldn't get the AMD or the Pentium processors, the Pentiums are budget level (the B960 in particular is almost 4 years old too, BAD for a budget CPU), and AMD is not up to par with Intel as of late in terms of single-core performance and efficiency, plus the 2 extra cores in the A8 probably won't help you if all you're doing is light processing. Keep in mind neither have dedicated graphics, so gaming will indeed need to be light, no AAA titles will be possible. Asus is also a pretty decent brand as long as you don't have to deal with their customer support (I speak from experience on that part...). If you want to avoid that brand due to the customer service factor, the HP will work and should be a good budget laptop, but it won't be as efficient and some of the more processor-heavy single-threaded programs might struggle a bit later in it's life.

The Asus will give you the best performance since it has a dual core Intel Core i5 CPU and it's integrated Intel HD 4400 graphics core is the best of the three laptops. The Intel HD 4400 is capable of playing games that are not very graphically intensive like DOTA2, LoL and CS:GO with decent enough performance considering it is integrated.

The Acer Aspire has a dual core Pentium B960 which is decent but it is the weak of the three in terms of CPU performance and integrated graphics.

The HP laptop has a quad core A8-6410 Beema series APU with the Radeon R5 (Beema) graphics core. The Beema series APU is budget oriented and not very powerful; almost as powerful as a Core i3 CPU. In term of CPU and GPU performance it is in the middle.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.