[SOLVED] need help with radiator and fan placement

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Hello all, I am getting a new case, the coolermaster nr600. I want to mount my 240 mm aio to the front, but am confused with the whole push pull thing and what it all means? should my radiator be on the inside and fans on the outer part closest to the outside of the case? or vice versa? I have a coolermaster ml240 aio if that matters. any advice helps! my new case has a mesh front as well

Solution
I5-7500 needs no special cooling.
The stock cooler that came with the processor should be all you need.

That said, mount your aio however you wish.
Monitor for leaks. AIO coolers do not last forever.
What is the cpu you need to cool?
Mounting a aio radiator is a bit of a catch 22 thing.
If you mount in front as intake, the cpu will be cooled best.
But your graphics card and motherboard will run hotter since they are using the heated cpu air.

OTOH. if you mount the radiator on top and use air from the inside of your case, the cpu will not be cooled optimally, but youur graphics card and motherboard components will run cooler.

On balance, I like top mount best.
As a plus, if the front intakes are filtered, your parts will stay cleaner.

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
What is the cpu you need to cool?
Mounting a aio radiator is a bit of a catch 22 thing.
If you mount in front as intake, the cpu will be cooled best.
But your graphics card and motherboard will run hotter since they are using the heated cpu air.

OTOH. if you mount the radiator on top and use air from the inside of your case, the cpu will not be cooled optimally, but youur graphics card and motherboard components will run cooler.

On balance, I like top mount best.
As a plus, if the front intakes are filtered, your parts will stay cleaner.

my build is a lil old and budget like but i love making it look nice. i currently have an aio cooling my i5 7500 with it mounted in the front with the fans inside of the radiator closest to the cpu. I need to know if i should do the same setup in my new case when i move everything