Question Need help with RAM

kylegavin7

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
This is a very stupid question, I know. So had someone built a PC for me a few months ago as I wasn't too sure how too myself. They installed 8GB of RAM but on websites like System Requirements Lab (that shows you minimum and recommended specs for each game) and it says my RAM is only 7GB. I assume this is normal but just wanted to double check. Can't remember what specific RAM brand they installed for me but I know that its 8GB. Anyway, was thinking about moving up to get another 8GB RAM. My motherboard is budget and I'm not too sure if I would need to look out for anything else when purchasing RAM. Do I need a specific motherboard type or do they all fit the same?

kylegavin7

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
full system spec?
sound like some a reserved for hardware.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics
GPU: Integrated Graphics (Planning to upgrade to a Nvidia GTX 1060)
RAM: 8GB (6.93 Usable) Not sure what brand.
PSU: ATX-500 B 500W PC Power Supply (Planning to upgrade to EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2)
SSD: 1TB
Motherboard: ASRock A320M-HDV

Think thats everything, just let me know if i've missed something.

Adding extra memory has no guarantee to be compatible with existing memory. You can do your own compatibility testing if you choose to use memory that has never been tested together before.

What is recommended and has a lifetime guarantee is to buy a single kit of memory.